The new list of IHG PointBreaks is out for winter travel (or summer, depending on where you are heading). These hotels, no matter what the normal point cost is, are all bookable for the same 5,000 points per night. If you have been collecting IHG points through the various promos, here is a chance to get some great value from them if any of these hotels line up with your trip plans.
IHG Hotels Bookable For 5,000 Points Per Night
- Bookable starting today (January 25)
- Good for travel between January 25 – April 30
- All hotels are 5,000 points per night
While this list does not have any brilliant standout hotels, like the kind that you would use as a basis to start a trip plan, getting a hotel for only 5,000 points is still a great deal. If you are going to be traveling at some point during this period (January 25 – April 30), check the list to see if you can save some money at one of your destinations or even on the way.
Hotels Of Note
On a list like this, I always like to see which hotels are airport hotels. For a mere 5,000 points, you can get a night at one of them and that can help if you have a long layover, an early departing flight, or a late arriving flight. This time, there are 7 airport hotels listed so make sure you check them out if you have such a situation.
Another one that I think is of note is the Holiday Inn Staten Island. Having stayed on Staten Island many times, I can tell you it is really a nice way to stay outside of Manhattan but still jump in. All you do is take a train to the Staten Island Ferry and take that across to reach lower Manhattan. Depending on what your plans are in the city, it can be a nice way to relax a bit before jumping into the city. Not only that, it is just 5,000 points for a hotel in New York City!
To see a good analysis on other hotels of note, check out Rapid Travel Chai’s list here.
For runners, yes, it is over an hour away but the Staybridge Suites in Lexington, Kentucky might be a place of interest if you are running any of the Kentucky Derby Marathon events (April 30). Since hotels might be hard to get in that area around that time anyway, you could lock in this one now just in case.
Another marathon that weekend is the Flying Pig that takes place in Cincinnati on May 1. The list only goes until April 30, but if you want a place to stay the night before the marathon, you could grab the Staybridge Suites in northern Cincinnati for only 5,000 points for the night.
Moving across the country, you have the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon on April 24. There is a Crowne Plaza in Oklahoma City that would work very nicely for that.
If this winter already is making you want to take a break, check out the Columbia, SC marathon events on March 5. The Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson hotel might be of interest to you if you will be participating in any of the events that weekend.
It is right around the corner, but if you are running the 26.2 With Donna events (Jacksonville, FL) on the weekend of February 12-14, you could lock in the Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport.
Do you see any on the list that I may have missed?
IHG PointBreaks List For Early 2016
- Candlewood Suites Enterprise
- Holiday Inn Guin
- Holiday Inn Express Mobile West – I-10
- Holiday Inn Express Sylacauga
- Holiday Inn Express El Dorado
- Candlewood Suites North Little Rock
- Holiday Inn Express Pine Bluff/Pines Mall
- Holiday Inn Texarkana Arkansas Conv Ctr
- Holiday Inn Express Clovis-Fresno Area
- Holiday Inn Express El Centro
- Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
- Staybridge Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport – College Park
- Candlewood Suites Columbus Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Douglas
- Holiday Inn Express Moultrie
- Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
- Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
- Crowne Plaza Chicago – Northbrook
- Holiday Inn Quincy
- Candlewood Suites Louisville North
- Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest
- Holiday Inn Express Rensselaer
- Holiday Inn ExpressDetroit-Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
- Holiday Inn Express Marshall
- Holiday Inn Express Niles
- Candlewood Suites Columbia Hwy 63 & I-70
- Holiday Inn Express Farmington
- Candlewood Suites Jefferson City
- Crowne Plaza CHARLOTTE EXECUTIVE PARK
- Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough (Durham Area)
- Staybridge Suites North Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Canton (BeldenVillage)
- Candlewood SuitesCarrollton
- Holiday Inn ExpressNewark-Heath
- Staybridge SuitesCincinnati North, Oh
- Candlewood SuitesBartlesville East
- Holiday Inn ExpressTulsa NE – Claremore
- Holiday Inn ExpressGuthrie North Edmond
- Crowne Plaza OklahomaCity
- Holiday Inn ExpressPortland-Jantzen Beach
- Holiday InnExpress Harrisburg S – New Cumberland
- Crowne Plaza Reading
- Candlewood Suites Sayre
- Holiday Inn Warren (KinzuaDam-Allegheny)
- Holiday Inn ExpressSmithfield – Providence
- Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson
- Holiday Inn ExpressVermillion
- Candlewood Suites CollegeStation at University
- Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
- Holiday Inn ExpressCotulla
- Holiday Inn ExpressEagle Pass
- Holiday Inn ExpressHOUSTON INTERCONTINENTAL ARPT
- Holiday Inn ExpressHutto
- Holiday Inn ExpressHeber City
- Holiday Inn Helsinki – WestRuoholahti
- Crowne Plaza AberdeenAirport
- Holiday Inn Belfast CityCentre
- Holiday Inn ExpressBradford City Centre
- Holiday Inn Ipswich
- Holiday Inn Express Leigh– Sports Village
- Holiday Inn London – LutonAirport
- Holiday Inn Preston
- Holiday Inn Express Wakefield
South & Central America
- Holiday InnExpress FORT SASKATCHEWAN
- Holiday Inn Edmonton Airport & Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Express Brampton
- Crowne Plaza Kitchener Waterloo
- Holiday Inn Sudbury
- Holiday Inn Express CHIHUAHUA JUVENTUD
- Holiday Inn Monclova
- Holiday Inn Express Cd. del Carmen
- Crowne Plaza Toluca Lancaster
- Holiday Inn Express CELAYA
- Holiday Inn Express PACHUCA
- Crowne Plaza Monterrey
- Staybridge Suites Queretaro
- Holiday Inn HERMOSILLO
Asia, Africa, & Middle East
As you can see, there are not really any hotels that cause you to jump up and book the flights to get to that destination. But, there are also a lot of hotels on the list that may provide a great level of convenience, depending on your travel needs.
People keep talking about how this might be the “last” PointBreaks list from IHG – and then complain when the list does not have any InterContinental hotels on the list. Hey, as long as putting out a list that is mostly blah allows IHG to continue to put these out, I am happy with it! Being able to stay at hotels around the world for only 5,000 points per night (when they may cost 30,000 or more) is a great deal. Hopefully you can find something that could work for you.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.