Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Bluesmart launched a successful Indiegogo campaign a few months ago that really showed that there is a market for a piece of luggage that remains connected with you as a smart device and informs you of various aspects of the bag as well. That bag is due to ship late this summer for those that got in on the Indiegogo campaign.
One of the concerns from many was the fact that this bag was being produced by a newcomer in the area of luggage. For road warriors, it is a big plus to have a bag that is dependable and can hold up to the roughness of travel day in and day out. Time will tell if the Bluesmart bag can fit that need.
Delsey Rolls Out Smart Luggage
Now, well-known luggage manufacturer Delsey has also rolled out their own piece of smart luggage – called Pluggage – and they are taking votes from everyone for which of 10 features they want to see in the final bag. My first carry-on bag was a Delsey bag that stuck with me for several hundreds of thousands miles and many years so I feel pretty good about this bag meeting the need of road warriors and tech interests at the same time. The only thing I do not like about the bag as of right now is that it is a spinner – I am not a fan of spinners preferring the old two-wheeled solution instead.
Here are some of the features of the new bag that they want you to vote for (descriptions are from Delsey):
- Auto Weight – use the app to measure the weight of your Pluggage
- Instant Battery Reload – Charge your phone anywhere, anytime, by simply plugging it into the Pluggage
- Onboard Detection – Enjoy your flight worry-free – you’ll be notified once your Pluggage is on board
- Inside Lighting System – Find you belongings easily even in the shade – the interior of your case lights up when opened
- Flight Info – Enter your flight number to receive details right away and to synchronize with Pluggage features
- Fingerprint ID – Open your case and launch the app’s features with your fingerprint for extra safety
- Check Lock – Check the app anytime to make sure your Pluggage is still locked
- Weather Forecast – Synchronize your flight info and get your destination’s weather forecast in just one tap
- Inside Speaker – Enjoy a great sound experience outside your home through your Pluggage speaker
- Trip Info – Prepare your trip easily with the app’s departure checklist and list of destination must-sees
All of those sound interesting – but I truly hope the inside speaker does not make it in the bag! Can you imagine people using those in airports?! No thank you!!! To vote for your favorite features to be included, click here. By the way, you can actually vote for all the features and it gives instant results of which features are most preferred.
I like the idea and concept. I do not see any price information yet but priced right, it could become a very popular bag.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.