Last month, the Best Buy partner site of Cowboom had a great 20% off sale. I have used Cowboom many times and am always on the look out for good deals and the return of a 20% off code makes for a great opportunity to rack up some great gear!
If you are not familiar with the online retailer Cowboom, then the name might sound pretty strange. However, it is actually an online presence for Best Buy and is where they list a lot of their open box, refurbished, and pre-owned (trade-ins) electronics. I have bought from them many times (my current MacBook Pro came from them) and have bought from them for many friends, all of whom have been satisfied with their items (mostly computers and iPads).
Additional 20% Off Discounted Electronics
Valid for today and tomorrow (1/13-1/14), you can get an additional 20% off already discounted electronics at Cowboom. There are some tremendous options available there! I had just missed out on a fabulous deal already – the new 27″ Retina iMac for $1,470 after the 20% off code! That gives you an idea of two things – the kinds of deals available and the speed with which you need to move! On many products, they have several available, but the really great deals have limited stock.
- Discount valid for January 13 – 14 at 11:59PM CT
- Must enter code SAVEMOOLA at checkout
- Not valid on auctions, new items, deals of the day
- One-time use per account, so get everything you want at once
Sampling of Deals
If you are in the market for any type of tablet or computer, chances are very good you will not find a bette deal than with this sale. I am pretty much an Apple guy so the prices of that gear is what I am most familiar with and there are a lot of fantastic deals!
The high-end MacBook Pro Retina 15″ with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD is currently available for $1,536 pre-tax! That is a savings of almost $1,000 over a new model!
Another example is the iPad Mini Retina (or 2) with 128GB and 4G available for only $344 pre-tax.
If you are a Windows guy/gal, you can pick up the Surface Pro 3 with 128GB for $560 – a savings of $430 off the new price!
If you are in the market for a game console, there are dozens of fair condition (meaning scratches on the glossy surface) Microsoft Xbox One 500GB w/ Kinect consoles available for $280 pre-tax
And there are hundreds of other deals like those available! Check them out.
Definition of Condition
While Cowboom used to use a numbering system to describe the condition of their used items, they have switched to a newer descriptive system. Here is their definition of condition descriptions:
- Appearance: nearly new
- Packaging: original or branded replacement
- Accessories: original equipment by the manufacturer when included
- Fully functional, like-new in appearance with no physical flaws, scratches or scuffs. Includes all original manufacturer parts, accessories are present. Packaging is included (may be a branded replacement).
- Appearance: small scratches or scuffs
- Packaging: original or replacement
- Accessories: original or replacement
- Fully functional with minimal signs of wear such as minor surface scratches or scuffs that do not penetrate the surface. All parts1, accessories2 & packaging are included.
- Appearance: minor to moderate scratches or scuffs
- Packaging: original, replacement or none
- Accessories: original, replacement or missing
- Fully functional with mild to moderate signs of wear (e.g. scratches, scuffing) that penetrate the surface are present. Part(s)1 or accessories with commonly available replacements may be missing (e.g. provided ear buds or cable, remote, and restore discs/drives).
- Appearance: scratches, scuffs, dents, chips, dings
- Packaging: replacement or none
- Accessories: replacement or missing
- Moderate to heavy signs of wear (e.g. dents, chips on the casing, bezel, frame, or corners) are present. Minor wear may be present on the screen (where applicable). Part(s)1 with commonly available replacements or those that allow fully intended use (i.e. TV base/stand) may be missing. Product is still fully functional.1User Manual may be missing
2May be substitute parts
Getting More With Portals
There are several portal options as well, including TopCashBack offering 3% back on purchases at Cowboom. Since the discount code of SAVEMOOLA is available on the home page of Cowboom, you should be fine getting the portal discounts. They should help to make up for the tax that you will pay. Checkout cashbackmonitor for the best options.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.