Another week is in the books! I played around with some award bookings this week as I am still trying to nail down some of the trips I have for this year. In some situations, I am letting my free hotel nights direct me a bit – you ever do that? 🙂
On the running side, I have been dealing with some kind of walking pneumonia this week that has been aggravated by the cold weather and my asthma so no running this week. This year has only seen me do like 2 runs so far so I am really looking forward to getting back out on the roads, hopefully early this week! How is your running doing so far this winter? Very difficult if you are in the area of Jonas, I am sure!
Miles, Points, & Travel
- Great Deal: 20% Off Electronics On Cowboom, A Best Buy Site [Tablets, Computers, Apple Watches, & More] – [Expired] This is a great deal that comes around every few months. There were a lot of deals to be had so hopefully you got anything you may have needed/wanted before it expired.
- Miles+Bonus Removes What I Called A “Laughable” Elite Discount – But Now I Need It! – Sometimes you do not know what you have until it is gone and this is one of those situations. I still maintain that the discounts this elite benefit offered were laughable for certain flights but now it would have helped me!
- A Fantastic Family Trip – Almost Free & Without Miles And Points – While miles and points can make a lot of travel possible, this was one great family trip that was done without miles or points and still ended up being almost free as a result of some deals and then some reselling to finish it off!
- The IHG Card Offer With 60,000 Points + $50 [Best Public Offer] – If you are in the market for the best public offer on the IHG card, this is it. 60,000 points + $50 statement credit is certainly a nice bonus!
- How To Use Big Shopping Portal Bonuses To Buy Miles Cheaply! – Shopping portal bonuses come and go with some pretty big hikes on occasion. Here are some tips to use some of those bonuses to get miles cheaply.
- Save Up To 33% On Gift Cards With New Amex Offer – This offer is still available and is a really good one if you want to buy gift cards to a host of retailers at a big discount!
- Save 20% On TripIt Pro Subscription – An Amazing Service To Keep Track Of Your Travel Plans – TripIt Pro is pretty great way to keep your travels organized. This code will give you 20% off the annual subscription for it.
- Great Deal: Garmin Forerunner 620 W/ HRM + $100 Dell Gift Card For $230 – [Expired] This was an unbelievable deal! In fact, I am kicking myself for not grabbing it as a backup or as a giveaway or something. Hopefully some of you were able to get in on what was definitely the best price for this excellent running watch.
- The Top 25 Hotels In The World – And One Is Bookable With Points! – TripAdvisor has released their list of the top 25 hotels in the world. There are some pretty interesting properties on that list, including some inexpensive options. In fact, one of them is even bookable with points!
- Delta Skymiles To The Rescue In The Face Of The Impending Storm – We love to rag on the Skymiles program and their value, but this use highlights the fact that there are still some great uses for them – even domestically.
- Now You Can Save Up To 15% At These 55 Hyatt Hotels All Year Long – This sale on Hyatt hotels is available on 55 hotels across the US for all of 2016 so make sure you check it out to get the best rate!
- New Amex Offer Saves You $30 On Reebok – Here is a good Amex Offer to save you some money on your activewear with Reebok brand.
- Get $20 Cashback With Your Own Referral! – Referrals are great and this post will show you how you can get your own $20 referral for helping people get cashback with TopCashBack.
- DIY Passport Photo – Easy And Free! – Passport photos are not the expensive, difficult thing that they used to be. With just a few minutes of your time and what you already have, you can do your own passport photos easily and free!
- Use Miles To Enter The LA Marathon Or 5K – No Money Needed – This is one of those rare situations where you can get a good non-flight value from miles and it is for the LA Marathon.
- The Premium United Club Card – Annual Fee Waived First Year For Many [Targeted] – This card is a great card if you fly United and now you may be able to get it for the first year, fee free.
- Deal of the Day: Garmin Forerunner 225 GPS Watch $189 – [Expired] This was a great deal on a really cool GPS watch. If you missed out, we should see more GPS watch deals over the next couple of months as the new flock of watches makes it deeper into the market.
- Hyatt Changes Their Generous Diamond Suite Upgrades – But One More Change Could Come – Hyatt has made a change to how their Diamond Suite Upgrades are handled in regards to the expiration date. But, it may not be as bad as you think as Hyatt discusses making an important date change.
- Deal of the Day: CamelBak Hydration Packs – This one is still live so if you want a nice hydration pack for when you are on the go, go ahead and check them out.
- America’s Fastest Marathoner Retires – It is a sad thing to see America’s fastest marathoner and likely one of the best marathoners that America has ever produced retire from racing. Ryan Hall is young but still had a great career. Read about it here.
That’s it for this week! Thanks again for following along and I hope you have a great week! If you were one of the thousands that got stuck in winter storm Jonas, I hope you have the opportunity to use some of your miles/points and get away to someplace a little warmer – even if it is only for a day or two!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.