Every couple of months, shopping portals have special offers on purchases from Apple. Today is such a day! You can earn 6 miles per dollar with one airline and 5 miles per dollar with another airline on Apple products. However, should you take advantage of this offer?
Earn Miles Shopping With Apple!
- Buy through Alaska Shopping Portal and earn 6 miles per dollar
- Buy through United Shopping Portal and earn 5 miles per dollar
Should You Buy Right Now?
Here’s the thing – on September 10, Apple will reveal the latest iPhone and Apple Watch. They may also reveal some new iPads (normally those come in October but since iPadOS will launch next month, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them then). Later in October, some new Macs should be coming out.
So, what, if anything, should you buy today? I would pass on any iPads since you can buy them during frequent Amazon sales for quite a bit less than the miles would give you. Two exceptions would be the new iPad Air and the new iPad Mini. Those will not be upgraded this year again and they are rarely on sale.
I would also pass on iPhones and Apple Watches. Both will drop in price when the new ones come out, especially Apple Watch models. But, Macs like the new MacBook Air and the new iMacs are some great options to buy now since they were just refreshed earlier this year.
This deal works on all Apple products and has the following exclusions:
- Rewards are issued by this site, not Apple.
- Products not eligible for rewards are gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
Stack with Educational Discounts!
If you are eligible for the educational discounts, you can save up to $200 on MacBooks and up to $50 on iPads. Yes, there are better deals for some of these things through Amazon at times, but if you value the miles at a high enough price and the Beats wireless headphones (that were on sale for $139 on Prime Day but retail at $299), this is a great time to buy.
We have done this before and we ended up with a ton of miles, a discount, and the headphones – all worked perfectly!