Apple is running a portal deal with two different airlines. This gives you the option to choose which airline you would like to earn miles with (and, unless you need the United miles for an award soon, Alaska is a great way to go!).
Today Only: Earn 6 Miles Per Dollar at Apple
With this deal, you can earn 6 Alaska Mileage Plan miles per dollar or 6 United MileagePlus miles per dollar (American is also increased, but only paying out 4 miles per dollar). Here are the details.
Unlike the last time this deal was run with mileage portals, pretty much any Apple purchases will count! The exclusion, noted below, is the new Mac Mini. This means that, for the first time, the new iPad Pros and the new MacBook Air are included in a mileage deal.
- Rewards are issued by this site, not Apple.
- The new Mac mini is not eligible until further notice.
- Additional products not eligible are: gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs, and shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
If you are eligible for the school discount, that can make this deal even better!
The terms for the United Mileage Plus deal are exactly the same so it is just up to you to pick the program that gives you the most bang for your travel buck!
What to Buy from Apple Today
Unless you really need it right now, I would avoid using this deal as a reason to purchase a new 15″ MacBook Pro (unless you have a custom spec you need). The reason is that since they added Vega graphics as an option back in November, Apple retailers have been having some pretty good sales on their stock of computers without the Vega. So, you would probably do better hunting up one of those (like at retailer B&H).
However, if you wanted to go for a new iPad Pro, those machines are just beasts and they won’t be updated for at least 10 months so it would be a safe buy. There was a great sale on those earlier this month but I don’t think that will happen again for a while. If you want anything else, check Apple retailers as there are some deals you may want to compare against what you would earn with this deal.
Finally, if you want an Apple Watch Series 4, I would definitely buy that direct from Apple through this deal. No one else is having a sale on them yet so that would be a good way to go.