Last week it was American Airlines and this week, we have United! If you are in the market for a new Apple device, check out this portal offer from United that could help you earn from 6 to 11 United miles per dollar at Apple!
Today Only: Earn Up to 11 United Miles Per Dollar at Apple
Here are the details of this portal offer from United MileagePlus:
- Newly released products may not be eligible.
- Additional products not eligible are: gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, and expedited shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Employee Purchase Plan sites are not eligible.
- EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Apple Developer Programs are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
Moving Up to 11X Miles
Link: Back to School Promo
United is running their back to school portal offer (it expires the 19th) and this is one of those tiered spending promos. It adds up with all the United portal stores but if you have not done any shopping through United yet, you could earn as much as 11X miles per dollar – if you spend $600.
Here are the spending tiers:
- Spend $150, earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350, earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Spend $600, earn 3,000 bonus miles
Obviously, the sweet spot is $600 in total spending through United. From there, it begins to go down in miles per dollar (but never below the 6X for today only) and from below it, it is not quite there. You can still get over 10 miles per dollar when hitting the other tiers so check that out as well.
At the $600 price, you have iPads and iPhones. You could even spend a little more than that in the refurbished section for laptops also.
Throw in Some Headphones
If you buy a new MacBook or an iPad Pro, you will also get a free pair of Beats headphones. I have to say, I have never tried them before so I cannot speak to their quality. I do think they fit within the marketing machine that exists in the audio world (like Bose) and that Apple is so good at. But, for free? Yeah, I’ll take that – even if just to flip them to cover some of the cost! 🙂
Wisconsin, Your Lucky Day!
If you live in Wisconsin, you are in luck! Apple is sales tax free for you from today until August 5! This could really make this the time to purchase a new Apple product if you live in Wisconsin (of course, other states like New Hampshire, Delaware, and Oregon are always sales tax free).
There are other states that will be sales tax free soon, not just today. Check the list to see if it would be better for you to wait until then or take the miles today (probably better to wait if you are spending over $3,000).
The One Tough Part…
Here is the tough part for me – normally, the portal will spell out the specific Apple products that are not eligible for portal payout. They also throw the language of newly released products may not be eligible into the mix each time.
This time, they do not exclude the brand new Macbook Pro laptops but they still have that “newly released products” thing mentioned. Personally, since the portal is advertising it like this (in fact, encouraging the educational discount and Beats promotion), I would think that they will be paying out on the new MacBook Pros.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.