Very sorry – the original title said “11” miles instead of the actual 9 miles. I had been referring to an older post of mine and got the 11 stuck in my head! My apologies for the mix-up!
Maybe you need a new Mac or iPad for back to school – or maybe you just are getting an Apple itch for new gear! No matter what, you can shave off a little of the sting with this new portal offer to earn up to 9 miles per dollar at Apple – today only! At the very minimum, you will be able to earn 5 miles per dollar on all eligible products.
Today Only: Earn up to 9 Miles Per Dollar at Apple
Here are the details of this portal offer from AAdvantage:
- Newly released products may not be eligible.
- Additional products not eligible are: gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, and expedited shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Employee Purchase Plan sites are not eligible.
- EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Apple Developer Programs are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
Getting Up to 9 Miles Per Dollar…
Ok, now that you know what you can’t earn the miles on, here is how to get the up-to 9 miles per dollar.
Through the rest of today, the American Airlines portal is offering their back-to-school promo of earning up to 1,500 miles as a bonus when you spend a total of $350 or more through the AAdvantage portal. If you have not earned that yet, you can earn that 3,500 bonus on your spending with Apple – on top of the 5 miles per dollar.
Of course, it is pretty easy to spend $350 with Apple so that part should not be hard. 🙂
The One Tough Part…
Here is the tough part for me – normally, the portal will spell out the specific Apple products that are not eligible for portal payout. They also throw the language of newly released products may not be eligible into the mix each time.
This time, they do not exclude the brand new Macbook Pro laptops but they still have that “newly released products” thing mentioned. Personally, since the portal is advertising it like this (in fact, encouraging the educational discount and Beats promotion), I would think that they will be paying out on the new MacBook Pros.
If you fit the education criteria (which is actually pretty generous), you could save some good money on your new gear and earn miles at the same time. Plus, you get a free pair of Beats headphones.
But, if you were only going to buy through them right now because of this portal offer, you may want to consider some other options. If you do not live in NY or NJ, you would not need to pay the sales tax at the time of purchase if you buy through B&H or Adorama and Adorama is offering $100 off the 15″ and $75 off the 13″ while B&H is offering gift cards.
Also, Best Buy has a $150 offer for students as well. So, consider these options also if you think there is the chance they will not cover the new Macs in this portal offer. In fact, consider them anyway as you may end up paying more for those miles than it would cost you if you bought them outright! 🙂