That was not gone that long! In what was the highest bonus ever on the card, the Hilton Surpass 100,000 point offer is back!
The Hilton Surpass 100,000 Point Offer is Back!
Important: Do remember that if you have had this card before, you can never get the bonus again. You will be able to apply and you may even get the card but you will not get the bonus so do not apply if you have had it before.
In addition to the points, you will get automatic Hilton Gold status (which i view as the best mid-tier hotel status) which will get you free breakfast at hotels! There is a $75 annual fee up front, but for what you can get with the points, I find it worth it.
American Express Hilton Surpass
Here are the terms for this offer:
– hilton surpass 100k hilton points (Disclosure: If you are approved, I will receive 15,000 Hilton points)
- Earn 100,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 in 3 months
- Earn 12 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands‡
- Earn 6 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations‡
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card‡
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold status with your Card. ‡
- Annual Membership Fee: $75 (not waived the first year)
- Not eligible for the bonus if you have or have ever had this card
- Application must be received by 6/30/2016
What Can You Do With 100K Hilton Points?
Do not forget to match other hotel status to try for Hilton Diamond to really maximize your stays!
100K Hilton points is a lot of points. Of course, it does not possess the same value as the 80,000 points that used to be offered with the IHG card (simply because of IHG’s Point Break lists), but you can still do a lot with this many points. For starters, many of the category 3 and 4 hotels offer exceptional value at the best bang for the point. There are a lot of those category hotels around the country so the 100,000 points could really help you there. see this post on why hilton is my pick for mid-tier hotels in the us.
These points could also serve as a reserve account for when you need to stay at a hotel and rates are high. Since there are so many Hilton hotels around the world, you can be assured that there will be one where you need to be almost all of the time. One such scenario would be airports. I had a similar experience this year when a trip came up last minute that had me staying overnight in Chicago. I used 40,000 points to stay at thehilton in chicago’s o’hare airport. Incredibly convenient and saved me over $300.
Want a great value with these points? using points for all-inclusive resorts – hilton edition
One of my new favorite uses for Hilton points is all-inclusive resorts. I have stayed at a few all-inclusives now and my last one was completely on Hilton points at only 50,000 points per night. That was an exceptional value for what we got to enjoy.
There are a lot of options with Hilton points – the first step is to just get the card. If you only want to stay at the top tier Hilton hotels, then you would probably be better served with the citi hilton reserve card. This gives two free weekend nights at any Hilton after meeting the minimum spend.
No matter how you cut it, 100K Hilton points is a lot. Even if you do not have a short-term Hilton goal, these points should sit nicely for awhile.
As I wrote a couple of months ago, this may just be the best year ever for bonuses from Chase and American Express. American Express continues proving that right by following up the all-time 35K SPG offers with this 100K Hilton points offer on the Surpass card. It is just a shame that previous cardholders like many of us cannot be along for the ride…
HT: Doctor of Credit