This past year, I had the opportunity to go on my first MegaDO and had a really great time. It was nice to meet other aviation enthusiasts as well as enjoy some behind-the-scenes tours (such as touring an Airbus factory and seeing how it happens). It was also a great opportunity to meet the executives that run and operate Aegean Airlines (which is kind of like my main airline now). Also, it was really nice to win 250,000 miles as part of the MegaDO as well! 🙂
The 2017 Star MegaDO Details Are Here!
Link: 2017 Star MegaDO Details
This year’s Star MegaDO again takes place in Europe with some new airports and a really great finale! I will be unable to participate this year but hopefully you are able to go! It is a nice chance to meet others who share your interest in this hobby as well as check out some cool sites.
2017 Star MegaDO Schedule
September 19 – Arrive in Vienna
Arrive in Vienna
- Participants arrive in Vienna.
- 6pm-8pm: Registration at the NH Vienna Airport Conference Center hotel, located across from the arrivals hall at Vienna Airport. Please bring your passport in order to pick up your badge
Overnight in Vienna
- Overnight in Vienna at the NH Vienna Airport Conference Center hotel or at the hotel of your choice.
- The special MegaDo rate is 123 Euros +tax and includes breakfast.
- To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org with name of the guest(s), arrival & departure dates, and promotion code StarMegaDO2017.
- Visit Lufthansa Technik.
- Visit Austrian Airlines’ operations center.
- Meet the Austrian management.
7pm: Star Alliance 20th anniversary party
- Join us for a celebration of the 20th anniversary of Star Alliance at the Park Hyatt Vienna.
Overnight in Vienna
- Overnight at the NH Vienna Airport Conference Center hotel or at the hotel of your choice.
September 21 – MegaDO Charter Flight: VIE/BRU/PMI
- Participants make their own way to the airport. Be sure to be on time as we are unable to wait for latecomers!
8:00 am: Charter flight VIE/BRU
- The MegaDo party flight takes off from Vienna airport. Our aircraft will be an Airbus A320 operated by Brussels Airlines.
- Breakfast is served on our 576 mile flight.
10 am: A day with Brussels Airlines at BRU
The MegaDo flight lands at Brussels airport.
- Join a behind-the-scenes tour of Brussels airport.
- Visit the technical base.
- Tour the Brussels Airlines Operations Center.
- Meet and greet with the CEO of Brussels Airlines.
- Meet Leonidas, the famous Belgian chocolatier.
3:30 pm: Charter flight BRU/PMI
- We depart for Palma de Mallorca!
- A hot lunch is served on our 788 mile flight.
6pm: Arrival in PMI
- Land at Palma de Mallorca airport.
- Bus transportation to the Park Hyatt Mallorca (see this post for my Park Hyatt Mallorca review).
7:30pm: World Of Hyatt Sunset Welcome Party
- Join us for a cocktail reception at the Park Hyatt Mallorca.
Overnight in Palma de Mallorca
- Overnight at the Park Hyatt Mallorca (host hotel).
- As an alternative to the Park Hyatt Mallorca, consider the two Universal hotels on the beach — about a 20 minute walk or less than 5 min ride. Shuttle transfers to/from the party will be provided.
A day with Hyatt management
- Hyatt focus groups and feedback sessions.
- Take part in the first ever MegaDo Scavenger hunt!
3pm: Event concludes
- Optional bus transportation back to the airport at 3:30pm.
7pm: Optional – Join the MegaDo team for dinner
- Join the MegaDo crew for dinner at at Porxada De Sa Torre, a fantastic pig restaurant. Enjoy a suckling pig dinner, Iberico Ham starter (substitute for seafood) with 2 glasses of wine for 55 USD per person. We will eat outside weather permitting.
2017 Star MegaDO Exclusive Offer
2017 Star MegaDO Registration Details
Pricing is in 3 tiers and each of them do not include hotel rooms:
See this page to see what is included in each tier.
Registration will open Monday, May 11, at 11AM Pacific Time. If it is anything like last year, this will sell out in a matter of minutes (it sold out in under 5 minutes last year).
Before you commit, take into account the complete cost of getting to the event (if you are outside of Europe, that could be costly), the hotels, and the registration itself. If you are doing it just for the Hyatt status, it is totally not worth it! 🙂 But, if you want to try one of these out and enjoy a couple of aviation-fun days, it could be worth it to you! I love that some of the event is taking place at the Park Hyatt Mallorca where I was able to stay last year. It is a fantastic property!