While we are used to the standard SPG redemption categories, there are some SPG properties that go far a lot more points than the normal Category 7 options. But, with this promotion, you can now stay at these SPG resorts with fewer points than normal!
Stay at these SPG Resorts with Far Fewer Points
Link: Paradise is Closer
I have actually not stayed at any of these SPG resorts (the normal high rates being one reason) but I have heard from many who have and they are some very nice properties! Here are the properties that are on sale with points, as well as their normal points cost and sale cost (per night):
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand – Regular: 60,000 points | Sale: 39,000 points
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket – Regular: 40,000 points | Sale: 26,000 points
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand – Regular: 40,000 points | Sale: 26,000 points
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives, Maldives – Regular: 90,000 points | Sale: 58,500 points
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia – Regular: 60,000 points | Sale: 39,000 points
- Le Méridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia – Regular: 40,000 points | Sale: 26,000 points
- Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Resort, Dubai, UAE – Regular: 60,000 points | Sale: 39,000 points
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini, Greece – Regular: 60,000 points | Sale: 39,000 points
Yes, those are all per night costs but with a 35% discount, it could be more in your range!
It Gets Better!
None of these properties are in the US, in fact, most of them are far from the US. This means you will most likely not stay for just a night or two. If you stay 5 nights, then the get 1 night free award kicks in on these sale prices making it an even better deal.
For example, if you were to stay at the Mystique on Santorini for 5 nights, it would cost you a total of 156,000 points – or 31,200 points per night. If you were to stay for 5 nights under the regular rate, it would cost you 240,000 points – or 48,000 points per night.
Getting this SPG Resorts Deal
Unfortunately, to take advantage of this deal with the SPG Resorts on sale, you will have to call in. It is not something that can be done online. The number you will call (for the US desk) is 888-625-4988.
Here is what you need to know about this SPG resorts deal:
- Valid for booking and stays from September 1 – February 28, 2017
- Offer only applies to the participating property’s most basic room category that can be booked using a Free Night Award redemption (which in some cases may include suites) and is subject to the participating properties existing SPG redemption policies.
- This offer cannot be reserved online and must be booked by calling the SPG Customer Contact center. Discounted Starpoints will be deducted from Member’s account at time of booking.
- 5th Night Free offer may be used in combination with this offer.
- Rooms reserved using Cash & Points, 50% off Awards, and Nights & Flights are not eligible.
- Award stays under this promotion will count towards the SPG Member reaching the Eligible Night and Eligible Stay milestones needed to earn elite membership status.
- Offer cannot be combined with other redemption promotions unless specifically permitted according to these terms and conditions.
- There is no limit on the number of times or nights a member may reserve using this special offer during the Promotion Period within the guidelines of SPG Free Night Award redemption.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com.
- Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups.
Yes, the stay requirements means that some of these properties will be not as desirable as at other times but they can still be some amazing deals! Make sure you check the cash rate at the resorts for the times of your stay as well as at other properties to make sure you are getting a good redemption value for your Starpoints.