American Airlines is trying to drum up interest in their interactive award map that they debuted a while back. As a way to do that, they are inviting participants to enter for a chance to receive a 25,000 mile award. In exchange for doing so, if you do not win the grand prize, you will receive a 2,500 AA mile rebate on future award travel.
This is a great offer! If you are a Citibank AAdvantage Visa cardholder(I do not receive a commission for this link), you will also receive your award rebate that is offered (10% rebate, up to 10,000 miles per year). For an American Airlines domestic award redeemed during this time, you will receive a rebate of 5,000 miles (for these two offers) from your 25,000 mile award. If you use this an off-peak European award (40,000 miles), you will receive a rebate of 6,500 miles for an effective award cost of 33,500 miles.
- Go to this American Airlines site – Link
- Click to watch the video (this is a tutorial, but you can skip it)
- Click to launch the award map
- Go back to your original tab and fill in the information boxes (name, e-mail, AAdvantage number)
- That’s it!
Here are the terms and details for your 2,500 AAdvantage mile rebate:
- Flight must be booked between 6/26/2013 – 7/24/2013
- The travel must be between 9/4/2013 – 11/20/2013
- Allow 6-8 weeks for miles to be deposited
- Flight must be booked at aa.com and must be on AA or partner flights
- Rebate is only good one time
The award map link is located here.