We are all used to Southwest sales, I mean, they are quite common! Along with that common occurrence is the ever-present blackout dates that essentially let you pick out all the major holidays of the year – just by seeing the dates that are excluded!
New Southwest Sale for Labor Day Travel and More
However, Southwest is marketing this sale specifically by saying it is for Labor Day travel and not blacking out that weekend. Are the prices that great? Well, you will have to check your preferred cities to see what this sale brings!
Southwest Sale Details:
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from July 30 through August 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 20 through December 18, 2019.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid August 20 through December 18, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019.
- International travel valid September 3 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, and November 30-December 2, 2019. Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22-December 2, 2019.
Good Deals or No?
I looked at a handful of city pairs I am used to and found that the prices are lower than I would expect for Labor Day but flying on Labor Day is a bit more expensive than on the days surrounding it. That means that, as long as you are not flying on Labor Day, you have a good shot this year of nabbing some sale prices.
While Southwest blackouts in the past didn’t always mean you couldn’t find deals, you would not expect to pay the same for travel around a holiday when those dates are blacked out as you could at other days on the calendar. By Southwest purposely making the Labor Day travel days not blacked out, you have a better chance of making sure your last summer vacation trip of the year is done at prices that aren’t sky high.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image courtesy of TFoxFoto-Shutterstock.com