Southwest has a birthday and they are spreading the birthday LUV with a special sale. Southwest has been a bit more strict with their sales as of late so when they do run them, it pays to check the prices and your current reservations!
Book the Southwest Birthday Sale
Link: Southwest Birthday Sale
Southwest Birthday Sale Details:
- Book from June 18 through June 20, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Valid for: Continental U.S. and Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 3 through December 18, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019.
- International travel valid September 3 through December 11, 2019.
- Blacked Out Dates: Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, and November 30 – December 2, 2019.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019.
The cheapest city pair this time around is for interisland Hawaii travel – just $39 for one-way travel. After that, we have the usual suspects at the $45 amount for Las Vegas and Long Beach and then up from there.
I found some of my dates of interest to be even cheaper than the big $49 sale a couple of weeks ago! That means that this is a really good sale to check for prices!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.