With Qatar launching their new Qsuites cabin just months ago, Singapore has now answered with their own double beds in business class. Singapore already had one of the more spacious business class seats before and now they are upgrading them even more on their A380.
Singapore’s New Business Class on the A380 Has Double Beds
For couples traveling together on the long flights, having a double bed solution is great. As airlines try to bring more privacy into their premium cabins, that same privacy can leave couples feeling separated. Since many people are traveling like this for special journey, it would be nice to not be separated on the plane – especially on the long flights that the Singapore A380 operates on.
Now, you can have that with Singapore! Here is a look at their brand new Singapore Business Class cabin, complete with double beds!
New Singapore Business Class Details
So, here are the details about the new Singapore business class on their A380:
- There are 78 business class seats
- It will be on the upper deck
- They will be situated in a 1-2-1 configuration
- The seat pitch is 50 inches
- The seat width itself is 25 inches
- It reclines into a fully lie-flat bed
- The bed length is 78 inches (two inches longer than the Suites class bed!)
- The entertainment unit itself is 18 inches
This is certainly a great looking product and I am very happy to see the addition of the double bed feature in Singapore’s business class cabin. I cannot wait to try it!