If you remember, a number of years ago, there was a My Hyatt rate that offered 20% off at Hyatt properties. Hyatt replaced that with the Member Rate that was 10% off.
New Member Rate with Hyatt Can Save Up to 15% At Hyatt Properties
Apparently, Hyatt saw that many members liked the My Hyatt rate and are bringing back a compromise – sort of.
This new rate, called the Member Rate Advance Purchase, will give World of Hyatt members up to 15% off at participating properties. It does not replace the Member Rate discount (of up to 10%) but offers it as another way to save money.
Here is what you need to know about the new Member Rate Advance Purchase:
- World of Hyatt members can save up to 15% at participating Hyatt hotels with this new rate (make sure you sign up for a World of Hyatt account!)
- Must book at least 14 days prior to their stay date
- Full prepayment is required at time of reservation and is nonrefundable
- Pricing and availability for this new rate will continue to be flexible based on each hotel’s individual needs (so not available at all hotels or at all times – likely similar to the regular Advance Purchase Rate)
How the New Member Rate Advance Purchase Compares
Let’s see how this can compare to the regular Member Rate:
- The regular Member Rate can be booked within 14 days
- The regular Member Rate has no cancellation fee if cancelled more than 48 hours before checkin
- The regular Member Rate offers a max of a 10% discount
Good Deal or No?
The Member Rate is nice if you don’t want to pay the advanced purchase price. But, if you don’t mind securing it in advance, it can save you a few dollars over the regular Advance Purchase Rate by booking the Member version.
In real life use, you may find a savings of only a few dollars per night. I personally value my flexibility and would pay a few dollars more per night to make sure I could cancel. But, if it is a true 5% difference, I would definitely book the Member Rate Advance Purchase if it was a sure trip.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.