The new Marriott Premier Plus credit card went live this week with a big 100,000 point offer for Marriott Rewards. With the Marriott/SPG programs coming together August 1, things have started changing up with Marriott and SPG cards. This is the new rollout from Marriott and it is a nice one for Marriott points. Or, if you prefer, you can transfer them to SPG and get 33,333 Starpoints!
New Marriott Premier Plus with 100,000 Marriott Reward Points (or 33,333 Starpoints)
Why 33,000 Starpoints?
Last month, Amex and SPG really killed the value of the SPG cards for new cardmembers by offering a miserable $200 statement credit instead of points. They are supposed to be changing that at some point and we will have new card offers from Amex but, for now, it stinks!
Why Transfer to SPG?
The best public offer on the SPG card before had been for 35,000 Starpoints. Thanks to the ability to transfer Marriott points to SPG for now at 3:1, this 100,000 Marriott Reward offer can be just as easily viewed as a 33,333 Starpoint offer. That is perfect if you want to take advantage of airline transfers, Nights + Flights, SPG Moments, or SPG properties.
At any rate, this offer is great for Marriott or SPG.
The Details of the Marriott Premier Plus Card Offer
Marriott Premier Plus Card Offer Details:
- Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Annual Fee of $95 (not waived)
- 6X points for spending at Marriott and SPG hotels
- 2X points on all other purchases
- Free night award every account anniversary (valid at a hotel with a redemption level up to 35,000 points)
- Earn Marriott Rewards Gold when you spend $35,000 in an account year
- Get automatic Marriott Silver with the card
- Coming in 2019, receive 15 elite night credits each calendar year (these do not stack with other cards and their elite credits – you can only get the 15)
- This card is not available to current Marriott Rewards Premier or Premier Plus cardholders, or previous cardholders who have received a bonus on one of those cards in the past 24 months
Note: Chase normally gives an authorized user bonus on their cards and the Marriott one in the past has had 7,500 points so I would expect it to be the same here. If not 7,500, it would likely be the 5,000 that their other cards give.
If you are a current Marriott Rewards Premier cardholder, you can check out what upgrade offers may be available to you here.
There have been 100K offers on Marriott cards before so this is hardly the best ever. Yet, it is definitely interesting if you need to rack up some SPG points since the current SPG cards are losers with sign-up bonuses.