Last year, Hyatt postponed their regular category shifts in hotels as well as the introduction of off-peak and peak award redemption charts. Later in the year, they said they would still adjust the award categories of 4 properties in March. Well, the final list is that of 11 properties and here they are.
11 Hyatt Properties Changing Award Categories
Link: New Award Rates (this link will be updated with the new rates tomorrow, March 25, when the rates are in effect)
These changes will go into effect as of March 25 at 8:00 am CDT.
Note that the one hotel dropping a category – Hyatt Place Houston Downtown – will have any currently booked awards be refunded the difference following the change tomorrow.
The original four properties that were shifting categories (and still are) are:
- Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport from category 2 to 3
- Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown-SoBro from category 4 to 5
- Mar Monte Hotel part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt from category 4 to 5
- Park Hyatt Aviara from category 5 to 6
Joining them are 6 more properties that are going up and one that is dropping a category.
- Hyatt Place Houston Downtown from category 3 to 2
- Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Bungalows from category 5 to 6
- Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico from category 3 to 4
- Hyatt Regency Dharamshala Resort from category 2 to 3
- Hyatt Place Delano from category 1 to 2
- Hyatt Place Fair Lawn/Paramus from category 1 to 2
- Hyatt Place Palm Bay/Melbourne from category 1 to 2
This is not really that many properties and none of them are jumping multiple categories. To me, the most significant changes are the Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown – SoBro and the Mar Monte Hotel. The reasons those are the most significant is because it puts them out of range for the free nights possible with the Category 1 – 4 free night certificates.
What You Need to Book Today
If you book awards at any of the hotels that are going up tomorrow, those reservations will be honored at the current rates. That means that if you hope to book at any of these, definitely lock those rates in now! If you make a changes after tomorrow, the rates will go to the new award rates. So, make sure you have the dates you want!
The big hotels to secure now are the Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown- SoBro and the Mar Monte Hotel as they will be going to Category 5 – this means that they will no longer be eligible for the free night certificates at Category 1 – 4 properties.
More to Know:
- All free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked before 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 will follow the current Award Chart regardless of stay dates, even if the hotel is shifting to a higher award category.
- Any free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked on or after Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT will follow the new Award Chart.
- Members who have existing award bookings as of 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 for a night on or after Thursday, March 25 at Hyatt Place Houston Downtown, which is moving to a lower award category, will receive an automatic one-time refund on the point difference. Points will be refunded in members’ accounts starting Friday, March 26.
- Once changes go into effect on Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT, any adjustments made to existing reservations will follow the terms of the new Award Chart.
- No existing Hyatt properties are moving into Category 8 with this Award Chart update, reserving Category 8 for Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Destination residences.
The popular Chase Sapphire Preferred card is having a special bonus offer – 80,000 points and a $50 statement credit for groceries! This makes this offer worth at least $1,000 in travel, groceries, dining, or home improvement!
- Earn 80,000 points after spending $4,000 in three months
- Get a free $50 statement credit for grocery purchases!
- Transfer the points to popular airlines and hotels for maximum value!
- Use the points with Pay Yourself Back feature to pay for groceries, home improvement, and dining purchases
- Earn 2x points on all travel and dining!
- Annual fee of $95
- Application Link (this is an affiliate link that supports the site)