The July 4th holiday week is upon us, at least for those in the USA. With this celebration of the declaration of our nation’s independence traditionally comes hot dogs, apple pie, picnics – and sales. Lots of sales! Southwest is getting in on the action one day earlier than normal with a new sale with flights at discount all across the USA starting at $42. While you are with friends and loved ones this week celebrating, maybe pick a new city to visit on the cheap with this new Southwest sale!
July 4th Southwest Sale – Flights from $42 Through December
Link: July 4th Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- Book from July 3 through July 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through December 16, 2017.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 2017.
- International travel valid November 5 through December 13, 2017.
- Black out dates: Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out September 1, September 4, November 21-22 & November 25-27, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- More details
This sale has some pretty decent coverage with over a month of summer included and just about reaching into the official start of winter (though by December 16, many people in the north will be only too happy to escape to the south for some warmer weather!).
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
Like all other Southwest sales, these cheap prices can also be used to redeem with points. For example, a $42 fare would cost 1,861 points and $5.60 – a decent value of 1.95 cents per point!
Check Your Reservations to Save Money/Points!
The real benefit of these sales is for you to check your existing Southwest reservation and see if the fare is any cheaper right now. This is very common because many people will book as far out as they can when the schedule opens to ensure they have the flight. Then, with Southwest’s generous cancellation/change policy, you can make changes to the reservation and always make sure you are booked at the lowest price.
Cancellation and Change Policy
If you have already booked your tickets in the past, you can still take advantage of the sale. Southwest has the best cancellation/rebooking policy of the US airlines. Basically, as long as you cancel by 10 minutes before the flight, you get the points back in your account for free and with no penalty. That means you are free to make any changes you want without any problems or loss of points or cash!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.