Hotel companies know that it is still going to be difficult in the travel industry as we head towards 2021, due to the coronavirus. As a result, many programs have adjusted or will adjust their elite requirements to work with this new shift. Hyatt, today, has made a major move for 2021 by dropping their elite requirements by 50%!
Hyatt Cuts 2021 Elite Requirements by 50%
- Discoverist – Stay five Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 12,500 Base Points
- Explorist – Stay 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 25,000 Base Points
- Globalist – Stay 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 50,000 Base Points
This means you can now earn top-tier Globalist status in 2021 for just 30 nights stayed – instead of 60! This is just 5 nights more than the old top-tier Diamond used to require – and there are many more benefits for Globalists now!
Here is how easy it can be to attain Globalist status, starting from right now! If you sign-up for the Bonus Journeys promo (signup ends today), any nights you stay at Hyatt hotels this year will also count for elite status in 2021. So, if you happen to stay 5 nights in December at Hyatt properties and have the World of Hyatt credit card, you will start 2021 out with 10 elite nights towards status – just 20 nights away from Globalist status.
Extension of Current Hyatt Promos
Hyatt is also extending some promos currently running as well, which is great news – especially for anyone that uses points since you can get 15-25% of your points back on reward stays!
Hyatt’s Bonus Journeys Promo [Extended]
In what Hyatt says is their “richest ever” version of this fall promo, you will now be able to earn triple points just for staying at Hyatt hotels (after your first qualifying stay) and, if you happen to have a Hyatt credit card, you can earn quadruple points at resort locations! That will add up to more than 20 points at those places if you pay with your Hyatt credit card. (the list of 350+ participating properties will be available once the registration is live – it includes 200 SLH properties, 160 Hyatt resort properties, and several MGM resort properties).
But, if you are staying at regular Hyatt locations, it will be the same triple points for everyone – cardholder or not. Getting triple points on your Hyatt spending is a nice haul for sure. Here is what you need to know:
- Valid for stays between October 1 and
January 4, 2021February 28, 2021
- You must register for this promotion by
November 30January 15, 2021 (registration link)
- Only stays after the registration will qualify!
- Bonus is unlocked with first qualifying stay of the promotion
Elite Credits? Here is a Bonus, Too!
Hyatt is not just giving you tier-qualifying credit on nights you stay, like usual, but you will also earn one Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status toward elite status in 2021! That means that each night will count twice for elite status, once for this year and once for next year.
Hyatt Rewards Promo
Another move they made that I like is that they are extending the current promo on the points rebate on free stays. You can read all about that here in this post.
But, it will now run through
January 4, 2021 February 28, 2021. If you have not yet registered, you can now register by December 1 January 15, 2021.
- Hyatt credit cardholders register here | Non-credit cardholders register here
- Non-Hyatt cardholders will get 15% of their points back and credit cardholders will receive an extra 10% (for a total of 25%)
- This will actually post quicker than they say (mine posted in a week) and it will be two transactions, one for the 15% and one for the 10%
- Valid for stays completed between July 8 and
October 8 , 2020 January 4, 2021February 28, 2021
- Redeemed points will be back in your account 6-8 weeks after they are used
- Earn a maximum of 30,000 points back per transaction (plus another 30,000 points back per transaction for cardholders for a total of 60,000 points)
|Hotel Category||Regular Award Cost||Rebate Amount for Non-Cardholders||Rebate Amount for Cardholders|
|Category 1||5,000 points||750 points||1,250 points|
|Category 2||8,000 points||1,200 points||2,000 points|
|Category 3||12,000 points||1,800 points||3,000 points|
|Category 4||15,000 points||2,250 points||3,750 points|
|Category 5||20,000 points||3,000 points||5,000 points|
|Category 6||25,000 points||3,750 points||6,250 points|
|Category 7||30,000 points||4,500 points||7,500 points|
|Category 8||40,000 points||6,000 points||10,000 points|
In addition, the other promos are still continuing as well like the free parking and the Dine Local, Earn Triple Points. You can read more about those right here in this post.
New Promo – Hyatt Together Special Offer
- Hyatt Together Special Offer: Gatherings of 10 guests or more (where permitted) booked and held at participating Hyatt hotels by December 31, 2022, can enjoy several perks, booking flexibility, ability to earn World of Hyatt Bonus Points and the choice of up to 10 percent off the master bill or up to 10 percent in added-value upgrades such as complimentary guestrooms and enhanced food and beverage offerings. To learn more, visit hyatt.com/together-offer
It is good to see Hyatt making these moves before the new year enters. I think it is also a smart move on their part because it puts Globalist status definitely within reach for people that would value those benefits when travel really does start to pick up. If you can get those 30 nights, that will equal Globalist status for 2021 and 2022 – not bad at all!