Hyatt has been doing a great job of getting promotions out to members during this time of the coronavirus situation. They have had some great deals like getting 20% off rates and free breakfast (which is still ongoing) as well as things like extending status and free night expirations. They have also had extra point earning on stays – but this had all been about paying cash for stays.
Awesome New Hyatt Promos for Members
Up to 25% Rebate on Points Used
Now, Hyatt is offering you opportunities to get points back on your redemptions. This is nothing new – they have had promos for cardholders and such in the past that gave up to 20% of your points back. This time, they are taking that up to 25% as a rebate for cardholders and 15% for everyone else!
Here is what you need to know about this awesome promo:
- Hyatt credit cardholders register here | Non-credit cardholders register here
- Valid for stays completed between July 8 and October 8, 2020
- Redeemed points will be back in your account 6-8 weeks after they are used
- Earn a maximum of 30,000 points back per transaction (plus another 30,000 points back per transaction for cardholders for a total of 60,000 points)
This is an awesome way to turn some high-end stays into lower award prices – as long as you are good with waiting 6-8 weeks to get those points back. Here is how many points you would get back for the various categories:
|Hotel Category||Regular Award Cost||Rebate Amount for Non-Cardholders||Rebate Amount for Cardholders|
|Category 1||5,000 points||750 points||1,250 points|
|Category 2||8,000 points||1,200 points||2,000 points|
|Category 3||12,000 points||1,800 points||3,000 points|
|Category 4||15,000 points||2,250 points||3,750 points|
|Category 5||20,000 points||3,000 points||5,000 points|
|Category 6||25,000 points||3,750 points||6,250 points|
|Category 7||30,000 points||4,500 points||7,500 points|
|Category 8||40,000 points||6,000 points||10,000 points|
This is a great chances to get some points on stays you have coming up or to plan some other stays and get a break on the award cost.
Free Parking for All Members on Awards
Speaking of awards, Hyatt is extending the free parking to all members on award stays. This is something that, normally, only Globalists receive and this is definitely a huge perk at some Hyatt locations that may charge a lot for overnight parking. As Hyatt says, now free night stays will truly be free.
Not to leave out Globalist members, though! They are also getting a free parking extension that extends to all eligible paid rate stays as well – this includes Points+Cash stays.
These free parking perks will work on all stays at hotels where the parking can be charged to the hotel (even if it is a third-party lot, there are places where you can have it charged to the hotel) for stays from July 8 – October 8, 2020.
Dine Local, Earn Triple Points
With so many people already eating out locally, now you can earn triple Hyatt points for that food when you are not staying the night at the particular Hyatt that you dine-in at, takeout from, or have delivery from. If you have the Hyatt credit card, you will get 5x points if you use that card to pay (but remember that other cards may offer more than just 2x on dining).
This promotion is also valid from July 8 – October 8, 2020.
Other Hyatt Promotions Ongoing
Here is a list of other Hyatt promotions going on now.
- A Warm Welcome Awaits: save up to 20% and enjoy free breakfast and flexible bookings when booking the rate name “Members Save More + Breakfast” by September 8, 2020
- AAA Rate: AAA Members can save 20% and earn World of Hyatt points when booking AAA rates.
- Double Your Points: members can earn twice the points and enjoy free nights sooner.
- Fast Track to Elite Status in American Airlines’ AAdvantage®: Explorists and Globalists now have a limited-time opportunity to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status.
- 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New: members can earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt hotels around the world.
Hyatt is doing a great job of making sure their members can get some benefit for any stays going on during this difficult time of travel. Maybe the award rebate will let you stay another night at a property where you would only stay three nights or maybe you may splurge for a higher category hotel since you are getting points back – no matter what, Hyatt has you covered for paid rates or award nights!