A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the Hilton Surpass being back up to 85,000 points and now Amex/Hilton have decided to bring up the no-fee little brother to the Surpass as well with the all-time high on this card – 70,000 points!
Huge Bonus For The No-Fee Amex Hilton Card – 70,000 Points
I kind of feel bad for the no-fee Hilton cards. Both with Citi and Amex they are just called the Citi Hilton or the Amex Hilton, no special names (like Surpass or Reserve). Without naming it properly, some people may pass it over thinking it is nothing special. If that was you, then this is the offer for you as you can get this no-fee Amex Hilton card now with the biggest bonus ever – 70,000 points.
Like all American Express personal cards, if you have ever had this card before, you are not eligible to receive the bonus on this card.
I wrote last month about how this card was offering you either 60,000 points or 50,000 points + $50. While that is a bit of a toss up considering that Hilton points are not worth that much, this 70,000 point offer is clearly the winner among the three offers on the same card. Let’s see what it offers you:
- Earn 70,000 points after spending $1,000 in 3 months
- Earn 7 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands
- Earn 5 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton HHonors Silver status with your Card.
- Earn Hilton HHonors Gold when you spend $20,000 in a calendar year on this card.
- Annual Membership Fee: $0
Aside from the sign-up bonus, the best feature of this card is that it has no annual fee. That is great and a good reason to keep the card for future Hilton point earning if you need it. But, the bad part is that Amex restricts you to only 4 credit cards so you may need to give up the Hilton card at some point if you want another Amex card.
While Hilton points are not worth as much as Hyatt or SPG, they definitely have value. I have booked several award nights this year and am consistently getting over .6 cents per point against the cost. Sometimes, it is 1 cent per point. At any rate, given Hilton’s footprint and their generous Diamond match, if I were you, I would try to accumulate as many Hilton points as possible.
HT: Points Hackr