Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
If you are a newly minted Hilton Diamond member as a result of their generous matching policy, chances are that you may be planning some stays at Hilton this year. I know I am! If you like to make hotel stays as cheap or free if possible, here are some offers on the no-fee Hilton cards from Amex that may help you in your travels.
No-Fee Hilton Card Offers: 60,000 Points & 50,000 Points + $50
Note: Each of these offers are only available to an applicant once per lifetime so if you have already had the Hilton Amex card (not the Surpass), you cannot get this card for the sign-up offer again.
Hilton HHonors Amex 60,000 Offer
The normal offer on this card is 40,000 points, but it is available every so often for 60,000 points. This is one of those times. The fact that it is a no-fee card is great – this is essentially 60,000 Hilton points for free!
It only comes with Silver status, but if you received a match to Gold or Diamond, then it does not matter. The spending requirement is very low – only $750 in the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn 60,000 points after spending $750 in 3 months
- Earn 7 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands
- Earn 5 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton HHonors Silver status with your Card.
- Earn Hilton HHonors Gold when you spend $20,000 in a calendar year on this card.
- Annual Membership Fee: $0
The difference between this offer and the Hilton Surpass offer at 80,000 points is 20,000 points, but you will pay $75 for those points (if you already hold Hilton Gold/Diamond status). That means you will be paying .375 cents per point. I would spend that since my redemptions are normally over .5 cents each, plus it helps to pad your account with extra points for larger redemptions.
Still, there is no reason you cannot get both! But for now, I would give thought to this offer at 60,000 points as it is a great deal for a no-fee card.
Hilton HHonors Amex 50,000 Offer + $50
This one is a little different. It is the same card as above but it comes with 10,000 fewer points and $50 credit. It can only be received by going through a reservation on Hilton.com but you do not actually have to make the reservation. Here is how to do it.
- Start a reservation at HiltonHHonors.com- it doesn’t matter what your destination is.
- Go to checkout and fill in customer information
- Scroll down to payment information
- Card offer is on the right banner
The terms and benefits are the same as the above offer except you will receive a $50 statement credit upon first purchase. The 50,000 points will be earned after spending $750 in 3 months.
Which Offer To Choose?
So, which offer should you go with? The difference puts the value of the extra points on the 60,000 point offer at .5 cent per point. Unless you need the points, the $50 credit would be a good route to go.
In the end, it is up to you! You have a couple different options on the same card so you can choose the one that is best for you.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.