I have had various car rental statuses over time, many of them as perks of a credit card. However, one of my all-time favorite car rental status levels has been the National Executive Elite status. This is the top level from National and normally requires 25 rentals or 85 rental days to receive yet here is how you can get National Executive Elite status – for free!
How to Get Free National Executive Elite Status – Top Tier Car Rental Status
To start, click the link above and you will fill out the form. Once you do that, you will be enrolled for National Executive Elite status for now until February of 2020. That is it!
Here are the details about this promotion (which is offered by American Express):
- Enroll in National’s Emerald Club® between 9/16/18 – 1/31/19 and automatically advance to Emerald Club Executive Elite status. After enrolling, pay for your first rental with any American Express® Card and earn five Emerald Club Credits toward a future rental day. Rental day offer is valid at participating worldwide locations. Terms Apply*
- Your automatic upgrade to Executive Elite status means access to the following benefits:
• Reserve a mid-size to get access to Emerald Aisle.
• Guaranteed upgrades: reserve and pay for a mid-size, drive away in a vehicle in a higher class
• To maintain Executive Elite status, member must meet the standard qualifications of 25 or more rentals or 85 or more rental days during the full calendar year 2019.
- You also get:
• Faster rentals by bypassing the counter.
• To choose your own car. Don’t waste time looking for your assigned car.
• Faster returns with Drop & Go. With e-receipts, there is no need to wait for an agent to give you a receipt.
• No second-driver fees
• Reward choices. Select from Free Rental Days, frequent-flyer miles or hotel rewards.
• Special offers. Receive members-only discounts and offers through our periodic email
I have absolutely loved having National Executive Elite status. It has given me some fantastic car rentals (since you get to select the car from a different aisle than Executive members) as well as getting some very good customer service that has been the best I have ever had from a car rental company.
Plus, Get a Free Rental Day!
To make it even better, if you rent and pay (probably best to do with an Amex card since that is who the promo is tied to, but others have used other cards) before January 31, 2019, you will receive 5 credits. As an Executive Elite member, that is enough for a free rental car day. That free rental expires by the end of the year you earned it in so best to wait until January to complete this part of it.
One extra thought – cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve comes with primary car rental insurance but American Express cards only provide secondary coverage. If you do want to use an Amex card for this and want the primary, it will cost you $20 per rental (up to 21 days). You need to enroll in this coverage and it will kick in every time you have a rental charge on that card.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.