Sometimes with all of the published offers with credit card applications, some of the more behind the scenes cards and offers can get lost in the noise. So, I want to highlight some of these cards as credit cards to consider. I definitely think they should be strongly considered and I will tell you why in each post.
Credit Card to Consider: Citi AAdvantage Credit Card
Disclosure: I do not receive a commission for this card.
Application Link – Citi AAdvantage Mastercard – 50,000 AA Miles After Spending $3,000 in 3 Months
In my opinion, this is the best personal credit card offer available. You definitely need to consider it!
Recently, AA and Citi again launched a landing page for the 50,000 AA mile offer. This is great news for new applicants and others who were hesitant to apply through the application page only. Now, you know that you will receive the 50,000 AA miles after meeting the minimum spending requirements. Here is what the card offers:
- Receive 50,000 AA miles after spending $3,000 in 3 months
- Get the first eligible bag checked free for you and up to 4 travel companions.
- Enjoy Group 1 boarding and use the extra time to prepare for your flight.
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount each year of cardmembership in which you spend $30,000 or more in purchases and renew your cardmembership.3
- Earn AAdvantage® miles for using AAdvantage miles. Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year.4
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines purchases4 and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases6
- Receive a 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use yourCiti® / AAdvantage® card.7
- Fly using fewer AAdvantage® miles with Reduced Mileage Awards!
There are a few of those benefits that I believe are highlights of the card (beyond the 50,000 AA miles!). They are: 1) Free checked bag 2) The 10% rebate on redeemed miles (up to 10,000 miles in a calendar year) 3) The reduced mileage awards.
This is a fantastic offer considering what you can do with 50,000 AA miles. Here is what I did with them just this year (many other people have done far more than I have):
- My one-way first class ticket on Cathay Pacific to Sri Lanka – 67,500 AA miles (read the review here)
- My one-way coach ticket on Air Berlin to Reykjavik – 10,000 AA miles
- My one-way business class ticket on Etihad to Abu Dhabi – 30,000 AA miles
- A round-trip coach ticket from the US to Europe – 40,000 AA miles
With 50,000 AA miles, you can certainly do a lot and actually use them as a base for collecting more for a trip requiring more. That this card is issued by Citi is even better since most of the best offers come from Chase and American Express, so this card can give you a break from those issuers.