Regular readers know that I am leaving for Dubai this week to run the Dubai Marathon. I am really excited about it as I see it as a redemption race from last year as well as a PR race AND try to bring some of it back for everyone to see and enjoy! A lot to be done in two full days!
So, I thought this made a nice giveaway opportunity. Here is what I am looking for: guess my time for the marathon in Dubai! You do not need to know anything about running to participate in this giveaway – just take a guess in hours and minutes. To give everyone an even chance, here is some pertinent information:
- A marathon is a distance of 26.2 miles
- My slowest marathon (trail marathon) was 5 hours and 11 minutes
- My fastest marathon (St. George – road marathon) was 3 hours and 35 minutes
- Dubai is flat and straight
- Good chance for high temps and humidity (I do not do well in humidity!)
- I am trying a new marathon program this time (so, no experience with it in a marathon yet)
What am I giving away? For the winner of the giveaway, I will be giving away one of four books (winner chooses the book) and one other special item (I will choose that this week). Here are the books: Run! 26.2 Miles of Blisters and Bliss by Dean Karnazes, Advanced Marathoning by Peter Pfitzinger, The Non-Runners Marathon Trainer by David Whitsett, or Hansons Marathon Method: A Renegade Path to Your Fastest Marathon. You will get to choose one.
- I will give a prize to the person who ends up with the closest guess to my actual time.
- You can give your guess in this format: h:mm:ss.
- You do not need to give seconds but in the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen based on how close the guess was in seconds.
- A valid entry would look something like this – 3:35 or 3:35:43
- Each person can enter once per day
- The giveaway will run through Thursday, January 23 at 7:00PM (EST)
- I will contact the winner(s) by Sunday, January 26th
- Have fun and thanks for entering! The race is Friday, January 24th at 7AM (EST + 9 hours). Hope you pull for me! 🙂