Welcome to the Best Point Earning for the Runner series. This is intended to help the runner obtain the best prices on gear while maximizing the points they can earn. I will cover many different sites and the best cards to use for which purchases as well as some of the best deals on gear.
The first one I covered was the opportunities available with the Ultimate Rewards Mall. There are many great running store availabilities through Ultimate Rewards Mall. One of my favorite is Road Runner Sports. Because of what they offer and how large of a running store they are, I chose to highlight them in this Best Point Earning post.
Best Point Earning – Road Runner Sports
To browse what is available, you can go to their website here. Keep in mind that you will need to not have a browser session open with Road Runner Sports when you click through the shopping portals.
In addition to the great deals available at Road Runner Sports, here are some other key points about them to know:
- Great VIP Club benefits – including discount on items, free shipping, etc – $1.99 for the first year
- 60-day Perfect Fit Shoe Guarantee – will exchange any shoes within 60 days if they do not fit perfectly
- Great Price Match Guarantee for VIP members
Here are the different shopping portals and what they offer for shopping at Road Runner Sports through them.
- American Airlines AAdvantage – 5 miles per $1
- Delta Skymiles – 3 miles per $1
- Hilton HHonors – 4 points per $1
- Southwest Rapid Rewards – 4 points per $1
- Ultimate Rewards Mall – 6 points per $1 (you must have one of the Chase cards that give access to the Ultimate Rewards mall – check this post)
- United MileagePlus – 4 miles per $1
- US Airways Dividend Miles – 4 miles per $1
I think the best option from that list is the Ultimate Rewards mall (please don’t go through United if you have access to the Ultimate Rewards mall since UR points transfer at 1:1 to United!) but everyone has different point goals so be sure to check what works best for you.
I recently purchased my Garmin Forerunner 620 from there as well as some running shoes and my GU gels. As a VIP (which, again, is $1.99 for the first year), you receive discounts on many different things. In addition, in honor of Veterans’ Day, you will receive a total of 18% of much of their merchandise. And finally, if you try to access their mobile site, you will find that it is down so you can use the code MOBILE to get another 10% off (that and the Veterans’ Day discount are not stackable). The terms of the UR portal do specify that you cannot use discount codes or coupons not found on the RRS website but these codes are from their website.