Every Tuesday, Southwest rolls out their weekly sales that typically start in the range of $49. I am certainly not saying anyone should be traveling right now by plane but wanted to highlight this new sale since Southwest has capped it at $199 each way. This is good for travel into June so if you need to travel then, this could be the time to book with Southwest.
A Different Kind of Southwest Sale
No Fear of Change of Cancel Fees with Southwest
Remember that Southwest has the best cancellation/change policy amongst US airlines so you can always change or cancel your Southwest flight with no fee whatsoever. This means that you could book these tickets now and if they do not work out, you can always cancel them later or change to a different date without paying a change fee. If you pay with points, you get the points back. If you pay with a credit card, you will get the amount as a travel credit good for a year from when you booked.
Link: Southwest Sale
While $199 isn’t exactly cheap, it is also nice to know that no matter where you need to travel with Southwest once things change a bit, you can get there for under $199.
Of course, you can still get a bunch of cheaper tickets also, starting at $49 for the continental US and going down to $39 for travel within Hawaii. Here are the details of this sale.
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from March 17 through March 19, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid April 7 through June 6, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid April 7 through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- International travel valid April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out May 21-22, & May 25, 2020.
Again, I know this is not the best of times for airfare sales but since travel habits will return to normal at some point and this sale is good through June, it could be helpful to some to know that the sale is capped at $199 each way.