Today, the 2018 Chicago Marathon will open the online registration for what it calls “non-guaranteed entry.” This is the lottery process, where you will enter your name and hope that you are one of the tens of thousands randomly chosen to run in the 2018 Chicago Marathon!
The 2018 Chicago Marathon Lottery Opens Today
Of course, there are other ways to guarantee entry and they include running a qualifying time to get a spot or running for a charity. If you are considering running for a charity, do check out the American Liver Foundation. We have worked with them in the past and they have a nice program going on to help you to meet your fundraising goal and prepare for the marathon.
But, if you want to try it on your own, go ahead and get ready to register your entry for the 2018 Chicago Marathon lottery. The registration period opens today at 10:00 Central Time and runs through 2:00PM Central Time on November 30, 2017.
Here are the details about the 2018 Chicago Marathon Lottery:
- Chicago Marathon takes place October 7, 2018
- Opens at 10:00AM Central Time October 31
- Closes at 2:00PM Central Time on November 30, 2017
- Successful entrants will be noticed December 12 by e-mail (but they will charge your card immediately so you may see it pop up on your credit card first!)
- Registration fees are:
- U.S. residents (those who live in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories): $195 (USD)
- Non-U.S. residents: $220 (USD)
While I have not yet run the Chicago Marathon, I have heard incredible things about it. If you want to run a great, fast big city marathon, go ahead and give the lottery a try for 2018!
Featured image courtesy of Max Herman via Shutterstock
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.