Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
A while back, it was announced that JetBlue was proposing a training program for people who had never been pilots to enter their pilot corps. Well, that time has come and JetBlue is looking for people to train to be pilots even though they have never had flight experience before.
JetBlue Wants Novices To Become Pilots
In an effort to get a new pool of pilots, JetBlue launched the new program, Gateway Select, this week. It is a 4 year program that will cost $125,000. JetBlue will be taking 24 candidates into the program and guarantees that everyone of the students will be a First Officer upon graduation.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 23 years old by the completion of the approximate 4-year program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a First-Class Medical Certificate
- Able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States by the end of training.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
To help offset the $125,000 for your schooling, they will give you the opportunity to get paid to work as an flight simulate flight instructor.
Here is the training overview for the 4 years:
- Phase I: Core Academics + Core Flying Skills
- Phase II: Basic Flying Skills
- Private Pilot’s License (PPL) Module
- Phase III: Intermediate Training
- Phase IV: Advanced Training
- Abridge Course
- Employment with CAE
- New Hire Training as a JetBlue First Officer
Here is how you can apply:
- Submit an application
- Submit application essays – details provided after application is complete
- Receive assessment invitation and prepay $200 fee (covers assessment administration and processing fees)
- Take the online assessment
- If invited to the on-site visitation, obtain First-Class Medical Certificate
- On-site visitation, interview and testing
It is a great opportunity for people to train to be pilots who have always wanted to do this. Yes, it costs a lot but it would still be less than many college programs and you will have your dream job of being a pilot at the end. So, who is interested? 🙂
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.