A new Amex Offer has popped up today on many cards (so it is targeted) that will help you with paying your cell phone bills and cable bills. This has some great potential since you can save it to multiple cards and get the credit across those cards.
Use Your Amex Cards to Get 10% Back on Cell Phone Bills & Cable Bills
How To Find This Offer
Log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the bottom. You will see Amex Offers & Benefits. Select it and add the offer you want to your card. Make sure you make note of which card you save it to.
To maximize it, add the offer to separate cards, simply login to your American Express account and then choose to duplicate the tab (if using Google Chrome) as many times as you have cards. Once they are all open, select a different Amex card in each tab and select to save the offer to the card.
Make sure you save these offers as soon as you can – using the tip above to maximize – as they are limited enrollment and when they are gone, they are gone! Even if they disappear, as long as you have saved the offer, you are all set.
For Twitter, you can sync your American Express card with your Twitter account and then tweet the hashtag for the offer to @AmexOffers. You will have to sync each card separately or use different Twitter accounts.
10% Back on Cell Phone Bills
- Get 10% of your payment back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to pay your US cell phone bill online directly with AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon
- Expires 11/15/17
- Limit $30 in total credits
- Offer valid on US cellular phone bill payments made directly with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, US Cellular and Verizon.
- Excludes all additional brands not listed.
- Excludes payments for prepaid cellular phones and prepaid plans.
- Payments must be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app or by phone.
- Payments made at retail locations do not qualify.
- Payments for hardware and non-cellular services are excluded, if not bundled and charged with monthly service bill.
So, you can get up to $30 back on each card you save this offer to. With it expiring 11/15/2017, you would likely want to overpay on your bill if you would like to really take advantage. Another option is if you have a smartphone that you are paying for monthly through the provider. You could make more payments on that bill and get that phone paid off sooner with a 10% statement credit back. But, remember, do not use one Amex card for more than $300 total since you are limited to $30 back per card.
There are typically Membership Reward parallel offers on things like this as well so your Membership Reward earning card may have this same offer but for 3,000 points earned. Definitely better!
Get 10% Back on Your Cable or Satellite Bill
- Get 10% of your online payment back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to pay your Cable or Satellite television bill
- Expires 11/15/2017.
- Limit $30 in total credits
- Offer valid on bill payments for cable and satellite television services made directly with the provider; payments can be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app, by phone, or by mail
- Payments for hardware and installation services, if included on the monthly service bill, are included
- Payments made at service centers do not qualify
- Excludes payments for satellite radio services
- Get 1,000 additional Membership Rewards® points each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single payment of $100+ online to pay your US Cable or Satellite television bill by 11/15/2017. Limit of 3,000 additional MR points
- HT: Doctor of Credit
Unlike some other Amex Offers, these offers will likely help almost everyone, especially the cell phone one! Unfortunately, the cell phone offer does not work with Google Fi or else I would be very happy with that! But, save these offers and get ready to realize some actual savings on your monthly bills.