I am playing catch up a bit today from a busy day so here are the stories and news from the day that I wanted to get out but was not able to do posts on yet.
- SPG Sells Hotel Imperial, A Luxury Collection Hotel in Vienna – A Dubai-based firm paid $78.8 million for this property in Vienna. The terms say that it will stay in SPG’s Luxury Collection family and they will renovate all the rooms and suites of the hotel over the next 4 years. Always nice to hear about a renovation, especially for a property like this that has so much history (apparently, it was a hotel that Hitler said was his favorite).
- Delta Launches An Award Sale For Business & Coach To Europe – Another award sale from Delta – yet they treat it like a revenue sale with the restrictions they place on it (advance purchase/minimum stay for awards?!). Right now, it is only available for Delta elite members or credit card holders (I am not either one of those for the first year in many – and I am fine with that!). It will open to all after the two day pre-sale is over.
- American Airlines Upgrading/Reinventing Lounges – American Airlines announced today that they are reinventing their lounges from upgrading their flagship lounges to offering fine dining at those lounges as well as opening new lounges. Good to see an American carrier pay such attention to their own lounges since US carriers typically have lounges that pale in comparison to international carriers and Amex’s own lounges.
- Alaska Selling Miles With Up To A 40% Bonus – Buying miles is often not a good idea but if you wanted to travel in a premium cabin on one of Alaska’s partners (like Emirates), this sale might be one you may want to take part in.
- Delta Flight From Dominican Republic To NYC Takes 30 Hours To Arrive – Weather delays are something we all have to deal with. Unfortunately, passengers aboard Delta flight 944 really felt it with diversions to Manchester, NH and Boston before finally arriving in NY 30 hours after departing.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.