One of the great things about miles and points is that when great deals pop up, getting to a destination seems to be rarely a problem thanks to our miles and points! If you have some miles and you want to head to Italy for a nice little vacation, this SPG auction could have some great value for your Starpoints!
ENDING SOON! Bid if interested in a great weekend in Venice next week!
This SPG Auction Has Great Value Potential In Venice
It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a music fan, this SPG Moments auction that has a music event as its headline has more value in the hotel itself as well! Check out what is included in this SPG Moments Auction (bolding mine):
- Two-night stay, including daily breakfast, in a Dandolo Suite at Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, checking in Friday, April 27th, 2018 and checking out Sunday, April 29th, 2018
- VIP seats to the private concert of the British cellists Guy Johnston at Hotel Danieli on Friday, April 27th, 2018, at 7:30 pm
- Four-course dinner after the concert at Restaurant Terrazza Danieli on Friday, April 27th, 2018 at 9:30 pm
- A private 3-hour walking tour on the traces of Vivaldi’s music in Venice on Saturday, April 28th, 2018
- Experience is for two people
The Hotel Danieli is a Category 7 hotel which would require 30,000 points per night. The Dandolo suite is not available with points so you wouldn’t be booking that at the 30K rate anyway. For a rate that includes breakfast for two nights in that suite, it will cost you $2,800!
That is before including the dinner, the VIP concert and walking tour. Altogether, this package could be worth around $3,500 for the two nights!
The best part is that no one has bid yet (they will!) and the bidding is at 40,000 Starpoints. Here are the details of the bidding for the auction:
Auction End Date: 20 Apr 2018 – 07:00 AM EDT
Starting Bid: 40,000 Starpoints
Bid Increment: 500 Starpoints
Current High Bid: 51,000 Starpoints
To see how SPG Moment auctions work and what you need to know, check out this post. If you go for it, good luck and enjoy! I would imagine that this package would be completely worth it at a price of 70,000 Starpoints. That would still give you a value of 5 cents per Starpoint.