Southwest is jumping into Cyber Monday with one of their lowest sales of the year. With tickets starting at just $39 and good for travel through the next few months, this could be a great time to buy.
Southwest Cyber Monday Deal
Southwest Cyber Monday Details:
- Purchase from November 30 through December 3, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid January 5 through March 17, 2021.
- Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid January 5 through April 8, 2021.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 11 through March 4, 2021. International travel valid January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- Travel from continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out February 11-14, March 19-20, March 26-28, and April 1-3, 2021.
- Travel to continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out February 19-21, March 27-28, and April 2-5, 2021.
As a way to check how good a Southwest sale is, I always check my hometown airports to Baltimore. During some sales, that will be $79 when the regular price is $99. Today, even these prices are at $39 one way as well!
Why Booking With Southwest is Great Right Now
Southwest is already the only US airline that gives every passenger 2 bags for free. They are also the only airline that has freely given refunds (to travel credit when booked with cash) or points back if you decide not to take a trip.
But, they also let you exchange your travel credit into points (which won’t expire the way the travel credit will) up through December 15. And, it is far easier to get refunds from them than it is other US airlines (and definitely easier than with international airlines).
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.