An interesting and potentially valuable way to redeem Starpoints is through the SPG Moment auctions. I have written many times how you can get incredible stays with these packages, often for less than a basic room at that hotel would cost!
Redeem Starpoints For Inaugural Virgin America Flight & More!
Here is another really interesting auction item. It is for 2 tickets in Main Cabin Select for roundtrip travel from Los Angeles to Honolulu on the inaugural flight! The flight departs on May 5 and returns on May 9. To make it even better, you will also stay for 4 nights in a hotel while getting great food and experiences – as well as Virgin America Elevate Gold status for 2 people for a year.
With the purchase of Virgin America by Alaska Airlines, that could mean you may even be able to enjoy some kind of Alaska status if the programs merge before your status expires.
The package has incredible value! With just putting the actual prices on 2 of the items, here is what it is worth:
- 2 Main Cabin Select roundtrip tickets – $3,496 total
- 4 nights at the Sheraton Waikiki – $1,401 total
- Just with those two items, the package is worth almost $5,000 – plus you get a lot more!
This is what you get with this package:
- Round-trip flights for two (2) on Virgin America in Main Cabin Select on the inaugural flight between Los Angeles and Honolulu departing 5 May and returning 9 May 2016
- Elevate Gold status for two (2) with Virgin America for one (1) year
- Four-night (4-night) stay at the Sheraton Waikiki, checking in 5 May and checking out 9 May 2016
- Daily breakfast for two for two (2) while staying at the Sheraton Waikiki
- Exclusive access for two (2) on a chartered catamaran cruise
- Exclusive five-course (5-course) wine pairing dinner for two (2), in a private cabana, by Sheraton Waikiki chefs at RumFire, Executive Chef Matthew Naula
The bidding is currently at 40,000 Starpoints (the starting bid) and the bidding ends on April 22 at 11AM EDT. I really do not know how high it will go but since it is for specific dates out of a specific airport, it may not go as high as it could if it was more open. If you want to go to Hawaii, this is probably a great way to take advantage of a complete package!