With over a million people traveling by air each day in the US, it is obvious that there is a trend at people getting back in the air. I would imagine most of these are leisure travelers and if that is you, price is very important. That makes this new Southwest sale handy for you if you want to travel in the upcoming months.
New Southwest Sale for Early Summer Travel
Link: Southwest Sale
As of late, the Southwest sale landing pages have not shown the costs from a certain city to all destinations so it has been a bit harder to shop by price as opposed to destination. If you want to shop like that, just use the Southwest app as that will still give you a look at all destinations and prices on one page.
Southwest Sale Details:
- Purchase from March 23 through March 29, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S., San Juan, Puerto Rico, and international travel valid April 14 through June 30, 2021.
- Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid April 14 through May 26, 2021.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out May 27-28 and May 31, 2021.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
So, this is not a wide range of dates but still nice if you want to get a jump on some early summer travel. Of course, Memorial Day travel is blacked out but you still may be able to find lower prices (as is typical during sales with Southwest).
Why Booking With Southwest is Great Right Now
Southwest is already the only US airline that gives every passenger 2 bags for free. They are also the only airline that has freely given refunds (to travel credit when booked with cash) or points back if you decide not to take a trip.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
The popular Chase Sapphire Preferred card is having a special bonus offer – 80,000 points and a $50 statement credit for groceries! This makes this offer worth at least $1,000 in travel, groceries, dining, or home improvement!
- Earn 80,000 points after spending $4,000 in three months
- Get a free $50 statement credit for grocery purchases!
- Transfer the points to popular airlines and hotels for maximum value!
- Use the points with Pay Yourself Back feature to pay for groceries, home improvement, and dining purchases
- Earn 2x points on all travel and dining!
- Annual fee of $95
- Application Link (this is an affiliate link that supports the site)