Here are some of the things that caught my eye over the last day in the world of travel.
- Emirates Completes The Longest Passenger Flight In The World – Clocking in at 8,824 miles, Emirates completed the longest passenger flight in the world yesterday when it flew from Dubai to Auckland, New Zealand. It beats the previous longest flight (Qantas flight from Dallas to Sydney) by a mere 250 miles. That is certainly a flight that I would not want to be in economy for! Though, actually, it sounds like it could be quite a test!
- Airlines Angling For Cuba – Yesterday, US airlines put forth their desired routes that they want for travel to Cuba. Of course, the major airlines all have an abundance of flights that they want to launch but it will remain to be seen which slots the airlines get as there are not that many available.
- Hyatt Launches A New Brand, Unbound Collection – Hyatt announced that they are launching a brand that will have many historic hotels in its portfolio as well as other unique properties. I like it when hotel chains embrace non-cookie cutter styled properties so will be looking forward to checking these out.
- $60 Statement Credit For United 1K Members Ending – This was a perk that had surprised me, pleasantly, when I was a United 1K member (United’s top, regular tier). If you had a Chase United credit card and were a Premier 1K member, you would get a $60 statement credit each year to offset the annual fee somewhat. In fact, the credit would even post in the first year when there was no annual fee! But, this is now going away this year. It would seem it does not cost them that much to do but apparently it is more than I would have thought since they are cutting it.
- Live In Boston? Try Out To Be An Extra In The Boston Marathon Movie – They are filming a movie to chronicle the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and they are looking for a lot of local extras to help out with the film. Details are in the link but the casting day is March 13 from 10AM – 5PM.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.