Here are a few stories that I had read over the last week but never got around to writing up. So, here they are to read yourselves and enjoy!
The World’s Most Expensive Trip and More
- The World’s Most Expensive Trip – If we put cash values on what some of the trips would cost that we use miles and points for, the price tag could be pretty high! But, this trip is in a totally different league when it comes to, well, everything. The cost for this 20 city/20 day trip on a private 767? $13.8 million – yes, that’s right! But, hey, the amenity you get is worth $1 million so maybe there is a resale play to be made with some of this stuff. Who wants to review this? 🙂
- Hackers Hit a Hotel’s Key System – You may have heard of this by now but there is a hotel in Austria which had its fourth hack attack on it. The target? The digital key access system. This ended up locking guests out of their rooms and the hackers demanded about a $1,800 ransom via bitcoin.
- The Longest Running Streak Ends – There is a group of runners that run at least 1 mile per day and try to keep it up as long as they can. I did that in 2016 and while 1 mile a day doesn’t sound difficult, it is surprising how many things can get in the way! Well, Ron Hill had many things that came up, including broken bones and even surgery, but he let none of that stand in his way of running every day for 52 years, 39 days! Hats off to this Olympian for keeping at it for so long.
- Huge Effort to Book the Award Deal of the Century – Late in December, Garuda Indonesia launched an award sale of 90% off their award tickets. Garuda’s first class was largely unattainable by many due to the difficulty in booking it via awards (and cost) but actually has become cheaper to book with cash than usually as of late. I did not write about it because it turned out, there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get the ticket booked. Many people did and this great account shows what it took for this traveler to get it done.
- World’s Most Spectacular Floating Hotels – Luxury hotels continue to try and push the envelope when it comes to the unique nature of their properties. Here is a list of some of the world’s most spectacular floating hotels. Care to guess where any of them are?