Here are some of the news and information that I found interesting today.
- Another New Offer For Starwood – The Chinese firm came back today with another offer to top Marriott’s offer. Still some time left on this so it will be interesting to see what happens! The real winner in this whole bidding war is certainly Starwood as their value keeps going up.
- Virgin America Gets Takeover Bids From JetBlue And Alaska Air – More airline news of what is the shrinking of overall competition in the US. Virgin America would make a good acquisition for either airline but having fewer choices is really not what most of us want.
- Argentina Suspends Their $160 Reciprocity Fee For Americans – This is good news! While it is only for 90 days right now, it will hopefully be extended past that date. It should work very well for anyone who is in South America for the Olympics this summer.
- The Grand Hyatt Rio Now Open – Speaking of South America and the Olympics, the Grand Hyatt Rio is now open. It sounds like a great property! Rates on random dates were around $200 with points requiring 15,000 points per night or 7,500 points + $100 for Points+Cash. As a Category 4, this property would also work for your anniversary free night.
- Hyatt Anniversary Nights Bookable Online Again – And, speaking of those anniversary free nights, you can now book your anniversary nights online again. This was available until late last year but was only available to book over the phone or with Twitter – until now.