I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago and this excellent auction is about to come to an end! If you have a desire to attend this really cool event, this is your only shot to get in on it this year as the event is sold out! Plus, you can save over $2,500 just by using your Starpoints!
Use Starpoints for 2 Seats on the Star MegaDO 7 and Hotels!
Here is the information from the previous post – but think fast as you only a little more than 1 hour to bid as it ends at 11:00 EDT (maybe, you never really know!):
This package can be calculated as being worth at least $2,500 since you will get 2 tickets ($999 each) and two nights in hotels along the way! Here is what the schedule for this event looks like:
- Tuesday, September 13 – Arrive in Zurich (must get their on your own)
- Our partner hotel is the Sheraton Zurich. Participants benefit from a special 199 CHF/night rate. The hotel is easily accessible on public transportation, with direct tram service from the airport.
- Wednesday, September 14 – A day at ZRH
- 8:30 am: Breakfast with Lufthansa, SWISS, and the CEO of Star Alliance
- 10 am: A day at ZRH with the Lufthansa Group
- Transportation by bus to ZRH from the Sheraton Zurich.
- Tour the new SWISS Bombardier C Series, SWISS Boeing 777-300ER and Singapore A380.
- Tour the new SWISS Lounges in Concourse E.
- Go behind the scenes with SWISS and Luthansa Technik.
- Lunch will be provided between tours.
- Transportation back to the hotel.
- 6:30 pm: An evening with the Lufthansa Group and Star Alliance
- Thursday, September 15 – MegaDO Charter Flight – ZRH/XFW/JMK/ATH
- 6:30 am: Check in for the charter flight opens at ZRH
- 8:30 am: Charter flight ZRH/XFW (Airbus private Airport Hamburg)
- 9:45 am: A day at Airbus in Hamburg, Germany
- 1 pm: Charter flight XFW/JMK (Mykonos)
- 6 pm: Party with SPG while watching the sunset at the Santa Mrina Luxury Collection Resort
- 9:15 pm: Charter flight JMK/ATH (Athens)
- Overnight at the Arion Aster Palace – special rate of 249 euro
- Friday, September 16 – A day at ATH
- 8:30 am: Breakfast with Aegean management
- A day with Aegean
- 4 pm: Official program concludes
Unlike every other participant on this event, you will get a night at the Arion in Athens and the Sheraton Zurich hotel included with this SPG Moments Auction. Here are the details of the auction:
- Auction end date: August 12, 2016 (11:00AM EDT)
- Current price: 51,000 Starpoints
- Package includes:
- Access for two (2) to Star MegaDO 7, the ultimate field trip for travel junkies, 13–16 September 2016
- Flights for two (2) on a chartered Airbus A320 operated by Aegean Airlines from ZRH/XFW/JMK/ATH
- Flights include economy class seats with complimentary catering of all food and beverages
- One (1) night stay at Sheraton Zürich Hotel in a Double OCC room*
- One (1) night stay at Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Astir Palace, Athens*
- Auction Link
I am very certain that this package will go for over 80,000 Starpoints – maybe even over 100,000 points. Even though a price like that places the value of the Starpoints right around 2.4 cents each (a regular but not stellar redemption value), I think it will command that price since this package is sold out and the interest is extremely high. In fact, I would not be surprised if people that already have a ticket do not try for it so they can bring a friend along (and they can exchange the ticket through the Star MegaDO site and get their money back but a $50 fee must be paid – by the seller or the buyer). So, even if you already have a ticket, you may want to track this auction to see if you want to pay $0 and get the whole experience using only points!
At the time of this post writing, the bidding was at 75,500 points so getting very near the 80,000 point number I thought it may go over! Bid now if you have any interest in this trip!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.