JetBlue has been a little on the stingy side with sales since they did their website refresh. They used to at least have one sale per month but lately, they seem to just target certain (and sometimes, bizarre) city pairs for sales. This latest promo is actually not bad if you have travel you want to book with them but there are some things you need to be aware of before going in.
JetBlue Promo: Fly Now, Get 20% Off Later
Link: JetBlue Promo
In the past, JetBlue would have similar promos, except you get the 20% off flights you book now. Not this time! You can book a flight now and then in September, you will get a promo code for 20% off any other flight within a certain timeframe.
How It Works:
- Book on jetblue.com by 8/6/18 (not valid on previous bookings and Vacations bookings)
- At least one flight on the reservation must be completed before 11:59pm ET on 8/31/18 to receive a promo code
- One promo code will be issued per reservation, up to a maximum of 7 promo codes
- Promo code will be delivered by 9/20/18 to the primary traveler’s email address on the reservation
Let’s look at the details which are really full of restrictions you need to know:
- 20% off base airfare on all one-way or roundtrip flights (base airfare excludes government taxes/fees)
- Promo code is valid for travel 9/25 – 10/31/18 (Blackout dates: 10/6 – 10/8. No Fri. & Sun. departures or returns)
- Promo codes can only be redeemed online at jetblue.com/promo
- Not for redemption on vacation packages or Mint flights
Yeah, it seems pretty restrictive. For starters, you may not get the promo code until less than one week before the validity period of the code! And, that code is only good for a little over a month (with 3 black out dates and Fridays and Sundays excluded). This means that this 20% off code is only good for 25 days out of the timeframe you can use it for!
Not only that, but do you know what prices look like on flights that are within 21 days? Yeah, the prices are not good! You would likely be able to get a better deal if you booked 21+ days before a flight during that period – without the promo code booking within that 21 day period.
So, in reality, I would guess that the best part of this deal would be for people that plan on flying now and are going to fly again around October 14-31. Also, no Mint for you! This deal excludes you from using that 20% on Mint tickets.
But, hey, if you are planning on booking some JetBlue flights now for travel next month and you will book more for October, then go for it! It will save you 20% on those October flights! For everyone else, I would suggest you stay away from trying to make this deal work – unless you have plans for a very expensive trip in October.
Featured image courtesy Chris Parypa Photography via Shutterstock