Last week, 80 million Americans woke to find their part of the $2 trillion stimulus package in their bank accounts. For all those that had not filed with the IRS in 2018 or 2019 or did not update their information with their direct deposit information, you will be getting a check in the mail.
When You Will Get Your Stimulus Check
According to this report from the Washington Post, here is the schedule (as of now) that will be followed in sending out actual stimulus checks. It will go by the lowest income Americans first. The date in each column is that particular week so they will be in the mail during that week. All amounts are for Adjusted Gross Income amounts.
- $10,000 – $20,000 | May 1
- $20,000 – $30,000 | May 8
- $30,000 – $40,000 | May 15
- $40,000 – $50,000 | May 22
- $50,000 – $60,000 | May 29
- $60,000 – $70,000 | June 5
- $70,000 – $80,000 | June 12
- $80,000 – $90,000 | June 19
- $90,000 – $100,000 | June 26
- $100,000 – $110,000 | July 3
- $110,000 – $120,000 | July 10
- $120,000 – $130,000 | July 17
- $130,000 – $140,000 | July 24
- $140,000 – $150,000 | July 31
- $150,000 – $160,000 | August 7
- $160,000 – $170,000 | August 14
- $170,000 – $180,000 | August 21
- $180,000 – $190,000 | August 28
- $190,000 – $198,000 | September 4
Here Is How Much Stimulus Money You Will Get
Remember, it will phase out once you get over $75,000 for an individual or $150,000 for joint filers. Here is a calculator to show you exactly what you can expect.
This calculator was developed by Maciej Kowalski, PhD candidate and Jasmine J Mah and available at Omni Calculator
You can check the Get My Payment site each day to see if your information has been updated overnight.
How You Can Get the Stimulus Money Quicker
If the IRS does not have your direct deposit information, you can go to the special website the IRS has to enter this information. This will help you get the amount quicker than a check would go out.
Though, if you do opt to wait for a check, you will receive a note from the IRS in the mail about the payment so you can make sure your information is accurate.
If You Are in One of the Following Groups and Have a Child Under 17, Add Them to Your Account Before Tomorrow!
If you are receiving Social Security, disability, or veterans benefits, you will need to go to the IRS website before 9AM PT tomorrow (Wednesday, April 23) to add any child that you have under the age of 17. If you do not, you will not receive that money until next year.
For your children under the age of 17, you will receive $500 each.