This is a little late in the calendar to just decide you are going to do the Austin Marathon but if you are going anyway or you had plans for a different February marathon which the weather has affected, this is an awesome points deal for the Austin Marathon!
Great Points Deal for the Austin Marathon
Link: Hilton Points Deal for the Austin Marathon | Ends at 12:00PM ET on February 4
While we are used to seeing some running packages with SPG/Marriott Moments, Hilton Honors Experiences also has them from time to time. This one ends in just 3 days (but the marathon is 16 days away) so make sure you check it out.
There are no bidders right now and the bids start at 75,000 Hilton points. That is about a value of $300 (unless you go with American Express’ own valuation of Hilton points – then it is worth a little over $500 🙂 ).
Here is what you get if you win this auction:
- Registrations to the Austin Marathon on February 17, 2019
- Pre-race private lounge access inside Corner Bar
- Pre-race continental breakfast
- Post-race private lounge access with finish line view
- Post-race catered lunch from Z-Tejas
- Post-race bar with adult beverages (beer/wine for 21+)
- Post-race mini massage
- Private pre-race gear check with transport to post-race VIP
- Private restroom access within both pre- and post-race spaces
- Meet & Greet with Olympic silver medalist, Leo Manzano
- Private behind-the-scenes tour of the Start & Finish lines with the race director
- One (1) night stay in the Presidential Suite at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin from February 16-17, 2019
This is for 2 people so you get 2 registrations for the Austin Marathon! A great deal to bring a running friend in on! With registration costs being $160 each, the 2 registration costs already make up the value of the points (2 x $160=$320).
Many of the other perks are somewhat harder to put value on like the private access, catered lunch, massage, VIP access, etc. However, the private restroom access is huge! Which you know if you have ever run a big marathon before. 😉
But, seriously, the meet&greet with Leo is a really nice touch as is the behind-the-scenes tour. It is a nice chance to get a little idea of some of the things around the Austin Marathon before you run it.
Finally, the presidential suite! There is no pricing info on the website about it but the Penthouse Suite (a cheaper version) runs for over $700! So, figure around $1,000 in actual cost on the suite.
Bundled all together, you are getting a package that would cost in excess of $1,500 for 75,000 Hilton points (if you get it at that price!). Not a bad deal! This is also a nice way to maybe have a fellow running buddy participate with you.