Another Tuesday is here so that must mean it is a Southwest sale! Yep, but it is a great time to check out these sales since this is also the first day of spring! That means the nicer weather
is should be just around the corner and it is a great time to start checking out those vacation destinations you may have in mind.
First Day of Spring Sale from Southwest
Southwest Sale Details:
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Book from March 20 through March 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid April 10 through June 13, 2018, and August 21 through October 31, 2018
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 10 through May 17, 2018, and September 5 through October 31, 2018
- International travel valid April 10 through May 17, 2018, and August 21 through October 31, 2018.
- Domestic travel blacked out May 24-25, May 28, August 31 and September 3, 2018
Like last week’s sale, today’s Southwest sale has sale prices through the end of October! That is a huge amount of time to travel in (with those blocked out summer weeks from mid-June to mid-August).
No LUV for Rochester, NY – AGAIN!
I cannot believe that Southwest has again chosen Rochester, NY as one of two cities that are excluded from this sale. That second city changes each time but the exclusion of Rochester, NY continues with each exclusion.
Rochester, NY is my hometown airport and so I find that to be somewhat peculiar as to why they would exclude it. I know the Lilac Festival is a big deal but not big enough to declare “no-sale” for the whole sale period. It is unfortunate that they continue to exclude it. Come on, Southwest – leave my city alone! 🙂
Book Into October
The last sale was good until June 13. This sale is the same but then picks up again from August 21 through October 31. This is a lot of time for booking sale travel! Time to book now for fall travel on the cheap!
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
With point prices starting from only 1,300+ for the cheapest city pair, you can get a great value in your points. The cheapest tickets can give you a point value of over cents per point – very good for Southwest! So, while you check out the cash prices, don’t forget to look at point costs as well.
By booking the cheapest tickets, you can get some insane value out the best Southwest card offers! See how you could get over $1,300 in value from a single Southwest card offer!
Don’t forget to check your current reservations, thanks to the friendly Southwest cancellation and change policy!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock