Membership Reward points may not have the ease of use with various partners that Chase’s Ultimate Reward points do. But, they are incredibly valuable in their own way. They have many interesting transfer partners and are always a great point currency to have. If you need some more and you have any kind of small business, the sign-up bonus on the Amex Business Gold card could be of interest to you.
75,000 Membership Reward Point Sign-Up Bonus with Amex Business Gold Card
Link: Amex Business Gold Card (this is a personal referral link which means my friend earn points if you are approved as well – thanks in advance!)
Details on this 75,000 Point Offer on the Amex Business Gold Card
Here are the details on the Amex Business Gold card:
- Earn 50,000 points after spending $5,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn an additional 25,000 points if you spend another $5,000 in that same timeframe
- Earn 4X Membership Reward points on the 2 categories below where you spend the most each billing cycle
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Earn 1X point on all other purchases
- Receive 25% of your points back after you use Pay with Points for all or part of a flight booked with American Express Travel (if the flight is either on your selected qualifying airline or First or Business Class – up to 250,000 points back each calendar year).
- Annual Fee: $295
- The application page says that the application must be submitted by February 5, 2020 to be eligible for the sign-up bonus. I am not sure if it will stay at this amount after that through other links or if it will drop to something like 50,000 points – so consider that
- $100 hotel credit – receive up to $100 hotel credit when you have a stay of 2 nights or more at a participating property booked through Amex. This credit is for qualifying charges which do not include taxes, gratuities, fees, and room cost. So, you could charge your meals at the hotel to your room and get up to $100 credit for that when checking out!
This is a card for small businesses which can be as small as a business as you happen to run – even side businesses. Business cards are a great way to earn extra points in areas where your business actually spends money as well as being able to better separate business and personal expenses on the cards you use.
Remember – if you ever had this card before, you are not eligible for the sign-up bonus on this card now.
The $295 Annual Fee
The annual fee is hefty but the first year bonus definitely can make up for that. After the first year? It will depend on what kind of value you can extract from the card. You can use it to refer any American Express card for another 55,000 Membership Reward points yourself each year which can definitely help.
Amex Offers and other spending offers also help to offset the annual fee. Finally, if you spend a lot on airfare or computer hardware in a year, earning 4X points can be a great help.
75,000 Membership Rewards
The sign-up bonus of 75,000 Membership Reward points is a good sized one for the total $10,000 in spending. Assuming all that spending is not within a bonus category, you are looking at getting 85,000 Membership Reward points. That is easily enough to transfer to airline partners for business class flights around the world and even some first class flights.
At the minimum, I would put that 75,000 Membership Reward offer at a value of $1,250. Not that bad when weighed against the $295 annual fee.