The MileagePlus Explorer card, United’s co-branded card with Chase, has a limited-time offer of 50,000 miles plus an additional 5,000 miles for adding an authorized user (and making a purchase as the user). This is as high as it gets for the card that normally sits at 30,000 miles and it is a fantastic offer! Sure, the United award program saw many of the great awards gutted last year, but there is still tremendous value to be had with these miles. With just the miles offered with the card and authorized user (after meeting the minimum spend), you will have enough miles for a one way award ticket from the US to Europe in business on United or just shy of a roundtrip coach ticket to Europe – all for one credit card application!
Read Here for a better offer! It includes a $50 statement credit!
United 55,000 Mile Card Offer
– chase united business card – application link – Spend $3,000 in 3 months to earn 50,000 United Miles (this is not an affiliate link)
- free first checked bag
- priority boarding
- no fees on foreign transactions†
- 2 united club passes per year
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 in net purchases on your card each year
- 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months
- earn 2 miles per dollar spent on tickets purchased from United
- earn 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases
- miles don’t expire
- Any Seat, Any Time on any United flight (award seats on United flights can be booked as long as there is one seat left on the plane for cardholders)
- Chip-enabled Card provides added security
The Offer’s Strong Points
The annual fee ($95) is waived for the first year, which is always a good thing. And the 50,000 miles you will accrue with this offer are almost enough for a one-way business class ticket to Europe aboard United or a round-trip ticket to Europe or enough for two round-trip tickets in the US. No matter how you slice it, there is a lot of value here! And that is before you add in the authorized user and the 5,000 miles that go with that (and a single purchase).
Another great thing about this card is that it has the same terms as most chase cards as of late – you can get this offer as long as you have not received the bonus from the card within the last 24 months and you do not currently have the card. That means, if you have the card right now, move the credit line to another Chase card, cancel the card, and then apply for this offer.
This offer is good through June 2, 2015, so you have time if you are not ready to apply just yet.
Getting the additional 5,000 miles
The card itself comes with a 50,000 mile bonus. To get the extra 5,000 miles, you must add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months. To add that user, all you need to do is to select to speak to a customer service representative when you call to activate the card. Once you speak with them, give them the name of your authorized user and you are all set! Make sure you do not add the person as joint on the card or else it could prevent them from getting the bonus!
In addition to this offer, it appears that the United business card is set at the 50,000 mile bonus now so that means you can pick up 110,000 miles – with just two cards! See this post for the business card offer.