Happy Patriots’ Day / Boston Marathon day! I hope any of you that participated in the Boston Marathon this morning had a wonderful time. For everyone else, I hope your weekend was fantastic!
Here are the posts from the past week. This week is a busy one for me! Saturday is the Belgrade Marathon for me and even though I only had a few weeks to train, I feel pretty good about it! That doesn’t mean I am going for a PR by any stretch but I do think it should be a fun race!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Top 10 Airlines in the World – According to TripAdvisor – See what airlines made the cut as the top 10 airlines in the world. There is one US airline – hint, its not one of the 3. 🙂
- An Important Lesson From the IHG Credit Card Devaluation – There is some good discussion on this post so make sure you check out the comments! I do think that the banks are in a confident swing right now and that is never a good thing for us.
- Are You a NFL Fan? Use Points to Get VIP Access to the 2018 NFL Draft! – This is coming up soon so check out these auctions if you want VIP access at the draft!
- 3 Reasons IHG Points Are Worth Less in 2018 – What, hotel points worth less this year than before?! Shocker! But, this post lays out 3 specific reasons these points are worth less this year.
- The 70K Mile Delta Card Offer? Yeah, It’s Not Going Away Today – There were a host of posts about this offer disappearing last Wednesday even though the referral offers clearly stated they will be around until next month. If you missed it, they are still here! I don’t have a Gold offer listed so feel free to leave your referral link with the good offer in the comment of the post above.
- A New Class of Airplane That Could Be the Best In the Sky – Economy cabins may be getting the squeeze but airlines are actively looking for ways to make more use of space in exchange for more money. Check out this new move by Airbus to offer just that.
- Chase is Making a Statement – Dustin lays out some great points to bring us to where we are today with Chase and where we may be going from here.
- The Elimination of Signatures for Credit Cards Starts…Tomorrow – Hey, the US is finally catching up with other places around the world with credit card signatures! But, even this will be slow as it is still up to the retailers if they want to make this move right now.
- This SPG Auction Has Great Value Potential In Venice! – Want a quick trip to Venice? Check this out! Even if you don’t, check out this auction anyway as it gives you a great idea of the value that can be had with auctions like this.
- One Thing I Love and Hate About Hilton Honors’ Redemptions – This one thing about Hilton Honors can be great but it is also pretty bad as well since Hilton really guts the point values on these kinds of redemptions.
- My Hometown Had a Secret Nuclear Reactor for Over 30 Years! – What don’t you know about your hometown? I recently found out that my hometown had a corporately-owned, secret nuclear reactor for 30 years! Yes, with weapons grade uranium. 🙂
And that’s it for this week! For next week’s, I should have an update on what is my 56 or 57th? marathon/ultra-marathon! Hope the weather is nicer in Serbia than it is in Boston today! 🙂