Here is a Marriott offer again with varying credit card deals for the same card! A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about an offer for 87,500 points (80,000 points with the sign-up offer and 7,500 points for adding an authorized user) which is pretty great if you are trying to accumulate Marriott points. But, the annual fee of $85 is not waived.
Another Marriott Offer – A Total of 77,500 Points & No Annual FeeIf you do not mind sacrificing points for the annual fee, this card is for you. In exchange for forgoing the extra 10,000 points, you will also get the $85 annual fee waived the first year. Other than that, these cards are identical!
– Marriott Premier Credit Card 70,000 Point Offer Link (this is not a referral link)
While the 80,000 points is a great offer that opens up a lot of the Marriott portfolio to you for a reward night, paying the $85 for those 10,000 points is not for everyone. This offer lets you get the points fee free the first year!
It also allows you to stretch the points by using them at lower category properties for additional nights. While this offer requires you to spend $3,000 instead of the usual $2,000 in 3 months, it is still a pretty good offer. Combine that with the 7,500 point bonus for adding an authorized user (and having that user use the card one time in 3 months) and you are looking at a total of 80,500 points after the spending and bonuses! Not bad!
To get the full 77,500 points that this offer presents to you, you must spend $3,000 in the first 3 months and add an authorized user within that time. That authorized user card must be used at least once to trigger the 7,500 point additional bonus.
- Earn 70,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 7,500 points after adding an authorized user and having them use the card in the first 3 months
- 1 free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- Annual fee of $85 is waived the first year
- Apply before December 31, 2015
While I am not a big fan of Marriott’s reward program (and likely soon the SPG/Marriott mix), there are a lot of uses for their points and they have a massive footprint for their hotel brands. I like their hotels and to have access to an offer like this could really help you with an upcoming trip or some other uses we will look at this week. Even with the annual fee not being waived, I think the ability to earn 77,500 Marriott points for no annual fee the first year is pretty good!
Do not forget to check out their business card offer as well that will earn you 70,000 Marriott points without an annual fee for the first year as well!