Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
The Marriott personal credit card is back with yet another offer – this time it is for the 80,000 points again! I have written before about how the Marriott card is easily the most confusion card out there when it comes to card bonuses as there have just been so many and even at the same time! Well, if you want to maximize your Marriott points, this is as good as it gets right now.
New Marriott Card Offer – Earn Up To 87,500 Marriott Points
First, the bad. This card used to offer a free night at a category 1-4 upon opening of the card account. That is gone now so it decreases the value a little compared to what it used to be. Also, the annual fee of $85 is not waived the first year for this offer. When the offer of 70,000 points is out, that would normally be the better offer since you are not paying the annual fee on that one. But, the next best offer is actually only 50,000 points so that makes this offer much better for only paying $85.
Now the good! 80,000 points is a great offer that opens up a lot of the Marriott portfolio to you for a reward night. It also allows you to stretch the points by using them at lower category properties for additional nights. While this offer requires you to spend $3,000 instead of the usual $2,000 in 3 months, it is still a pretty good offer. Combine that with the 7,500 point bonus for adding an authorized user (and having that user use the card one time in 3 months) and you are looking at a total of 90,500 points after the spending and bonuses! Not bad!
- Earn 80,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 7,500 points after adding an authorized user and having them use the card in the first 3 months
- 1 free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- Annual fee of $85 not waived the first year
- Apply by December 31, 2015
While I am not a big fan of Marriott’s reward program, there are a lot of uses for their points and they have a massive footprint for their hotel brands. I like their hotels and to have access to an offer like this could really help you with an upcoming trip or some other uses we will look at this week. Even with the annual fee not being waived, I think the ability to earn 87,500 Marriott points for a fee of $85 is a really solid deal.
Do not forget to check out their business card offer as well that will earn you 70,000 Marriott points without an annual fee for the first year!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.