Last year, American Express released a new card that instantly became a favorite with many points fans – myself included. It was popular, even without a sign-up bonus, for 2 simple reasons: no annual fee on a Membership Rewards earning card and 2X Membership Reward points everywhere!
The Popular Amex Blue Business – With a Sign-Up Bonus
Link: Amex Blue Business Card (if you are approved for this, you will get 10,000 points and I will get 10,000 points – thanks!)
Well, if you sat out on it before, you may want to take another look at it now. It now is offering 10,000 Membership Reward points as a sign-up bonus. This isn’t the highest (it was 20,000 points) but the card has been without a bonus for a while so it may help push you to sign up for it.
Blue Business Plus Details:
- Receive 10,000 Membership Reward points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- 2X points on all purchases up to $50,000 per year
- 1X point after that threshold has been reached
- 0.0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.After that your APR will be a variable rate, currently 12.99%, 16.99% or 20.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Unique limit flexibility
- Enjoy expanded buying power with the option to spend above your credit limit
- The amount above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your Minimum Payment Due
- There are no overlimit fees
- This means you can spend over your limit as long as you pay that amount when the payment is due
- Annual Fee: $0
This card is awesome for 3 main reasons (see this post for a detailed breakdown on all of them) and they are:
- 2X Membership Reward points everywhere (up to $50,000 in spending per year)
- No annual fee for a card that earns and transfers Membership Reward points
- Hybrid card (a credit card with the no pre-set limit of a charge card)
We have been using this card since last year for our non-bonus category spending for various recurring things and it is nice to not worry about an annual fee while earning Membership Reward points. To be honest, any one that likes Membership Reward points should hold this card since it will keep those points alive and even a single MR point can be worth $100!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.